Recent content by mbh9700

  1. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    socold, I was able to solve my problem. Thanks for your suggestion, but that wouldn't have worked, because Windows was not letting me do ANYTHING with that unallocated portion. Right-clicking it only let me choose "Properties" and "Help". Could not create a new partition, or expand the other...
  2. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    Incidently, I'm a bit unsure if I want Windows installed on a 3TB drive, now that I know that it is more complex. I'm either going to stick with my 1TB drive, or a 2TB drive.so the drive can use MBR, and nothing special is needed. Most of the disk space was games, like World of Warcraft...
  3. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    I finally fixed it. First, some info. For Windows to recognize a drive above 2TB, it needs to use GPT instead of MBR as partitions. If you want to BOOT to that drive, your computer has to boot using UEFI. The disc was in such a state that Windows 7 could not convert it from MBR to GPT...
  4. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    For a couple of reasons, I've decided to start over with a new installation of Windows 7 on this 3TB drive. So, I don't want/need to COPY the old drive to the new drive. But it sounds like booting to a drive over 2TB makes it more complicated, having to use UEFI instead of BIOS. So, I still...
  5. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    Disk 1 is indeed MBR. Disk 3 is also MBR. I need to switch it to GPT somehow. Any idea how to do that? I'll try the the Acronis tool, since it is a WD drive.
  6. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    Disc 3 is the one I that used to be one partition, but now is 3
  7. M

    Can't combine volumes/partitions on 3TB drive

    I have a Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Alienware Aurora 3 PC. It came with a 1TB drive. I have a number of other drives installed in it, and I wanted to switch to use one of the 3TB drives as the main drive. The drive in question is a Western Digital Green. I had only one partition set up...
Back
Top