Recent content by mbakalski

  1. M

    Might try infamous oven trick or heat gun on dead motherboard

    Somewhat related, but I just revived a boot-loop bricked Nexus 5x using a head gun. It was my first time doing it and I probably should have been more careful, but the phone works now and I was able to get the data off of it without issues. The video I watched on how to do it had a heat gun...
  2. M

    Sweet Baby Jeebus Alienware 55" 4k120 OLED Displayport

    For those of you who use 55+ screens for gaming/office use - how far away do you sit from the screen? I am looking to replace my 3415 Dell with something with a higher refresh rate and slightly larger real estate, but I feel like 55 is just too large. Something in the 32-40 range with...
  3. M

    New phone under $600

    Another vote for the 6T!
  4. M

    Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide 34”, 120hz, IPS, arguably the best 34” G-Sync monitor - $800 at buydig.

    Thanks for the heads up. I have some ebay GCs now which would make the monitor about $680 delivered. If I sell my 3415w i should be able to only net about $300-350 out of pocket. Very tempting.
  5. M

    Need a new all-in-one remote control: thoughts?

    I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure my Harmony 650 works with Roku. I can double check tonight and update. The remote has been sitting in a drawer for a year so if it works with my Roku devices, you are welcome to it!
  6. M

    2x MSI 780 Ligtning w/ EK Waterblock

    Selling my two 780 Lightnings. Feel free to ask any questions. I can definitely work out an extra discount for [H] members! https://www.ebay.com/itm/132866555333?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  7. M

    Complete hard shutdowns out of nowhere?

    My money would be on a failing Power Supply. 850W should definitely be enough power, especially if not OC-ing.
  8. M

    1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

    Someone else posted the newegg link - https://www.newegg.com/videocards/EventSaleStore/ID-2041834?nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-KB%20Networks,%20Inc.-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3891137&SID=rewrite
  9. M

    1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-founders-edition-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-gddr5x-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5793700.p?skuId=5793700
  10. M

    1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

    It appears Best Buy has the EVGA in stock now. PNY show sold out EVGA - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-founders-edition-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-gddr5x-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5793700.p?skuId=5793700 PNY -...
  11. M

    1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

    Might be a good thing to hold off for a bit and see what they will offer as far as custom versions. I think I will wait until May and see if something like a MSI Lightning comes out.
  12. M

    1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

    Its available at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-founders-edition-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-gddr5x-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5793701.p?skuId=5793701
  13. M

    Nvidia announces GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration event, Feb 28th

    Yep, I agree 100%. But I already have a full loop so I might as well use it. If I was starting from scratch or not having a full loop already, I wouldn't WC.
  14. M

    Nvidia announces GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration event, Feb 28th

    As much as I enjoy the OC headroom on the 780 Lightnings(custom BIOS), I think that the days where more voltage = significantly more performance (in GPUs at least) might be going away. And, to be honest, I think I am OK with that as the performance increase should more than make up for the lack...
  15. M

    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Discussion Thread

    My 4770k is still kicking ass with 2 OC 780 Lightnings at 3440x1440. I managed to get the CPU for $200 at Microcenter so I plan on holding onto it for as long as I can. Especially after going through all the trouble of delidding + finding one that overclocks well.
Back
Top