Recent content by maxoptimus

  1. M

    Is there a reliable 2TB drive for RAID use?

    Adaptec raid 52445 I use near 6 month: raid5 - 4xHD204UI (Sumsung 2Tb) [before start Win7x64 boot ubuntu set scterc values and auto reboot in Win7] raid5 - 4xST32000641AS (Seagate 2.0TB) not new (before used with onboard raid and one was replaced by warranty) all work fine
  2. M

    Window 7 Turn off ReadyBoost so it Does Not Take Gobs of Memory at Startup

    Cool, you are guru. All need to do this. I rename key in registry and after some time win7 free up more then 600mb. wow. I have stoped superfetch, but looks like readyboot and these filter continue work until remove/rename this key. system become work faster and all other app too (firefox...
  3. M

    Samsung HD204UI -- tool to set TLER/CCTL "permanently"?

    many new WD and seagate have blocked tler. Some old wd can be changed permanently. some of 1-2Tb should be good with smartmontools4.1(with onboard intel raid), else should boot first linux or fedora make script to change erc and reboot to windows....
  4. M

    Help: HD204UI scterc no longer supported after NCQ write firmware patch

    smartmontools 5.41 command --scan -d csmi (appear list of drives) Some like /dev/csmi0,2; /dev/csmi0,3 (according to ports used for raid). http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sma...ID-Controllers http://smartmontools-win32.dyndns.org/smartmontools/ I have ASUS p5e X38 ICH9R and scterc work...
  5. M

    Disks with TLER / ERC / CCTL & LCC [Table of drives]

    http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki/Supported_RAID-Controllers http://smartmontools-win32.dyndns.org/smartmontools/ Intel ICHxR RAID (Intel Rapid/Matrix Storage driver) Onboard intel RAID. most of mobo use it. (for example my ASUS p5e X38 ICH9R).
  6. M

    Disks with TLER / ERC / CCTL & LCC [Table of drives]

    command --scan -d csmi (appear list of drives) Some like /dev/csmi0,2; /dev/csmi0,3 (according to ports used for raid). Also latest Seagate Baracuda XT (ST32000641AS; sata3; 64mb); scterc don't supported.:( Looks like on next out of space I will bought 8 cheap (Samsung - EcoGreen F4 HD204UI or...
Back
Top