• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Maxiom

  1. M

    Gamers Red Hot with Fury over Intel Core i7-7700 Temperature Spikes

    Temperature spikes after delidding just add insult to injury. What kind of TempBurst architecture is that? Intel CPUs used to be so Cool'n'Quiet... ;)
  2. M

    7700k @5ghz+ stability testing. Questions for the people with success

    Delidded + water and still 90s :nailbiting: I hope those instructions are worth the power they consume What's your ambient temp btw?
  3. M

    Intel X299 motherboard spotted with an i7 7740K CPU

    7740K does not have to be a good overclocker to reach the magic number, nor there is a point to push it beyond 5 GHz. We need a good TIM or solder just to keep it cool -- I'd hate to see the CPU reach 80°C while gaming. 5 GHz under 70°C is where it's at
  4. M

    Intel X299 motherboard spotted with an i7 7740K CPU

    Fingers crossed...
  5. M

    Intel X299 motherboard spotted with an i7 7740K CPU

    This platform should be good for 5+ years, with max gaming 4C/8T performance to start with. Upgradeable to 10C/20T and quad-channel memory with Optane support -- what else to wish for? But please, no cheap TIM this time, I like my 5 GHz cool and quiet and factory sealed
  6. M

    Ryzen with 3600MHz RAM Benchmark

    I agree on the absolute performance indicative of the long term prospects of the platform. Actually that's the reason I would rather wait for the next Intel HEDT platform with "entry level" 4C/8T options, than jump on the more affrodable Ryzen platform now. Especially considering the cost of...
  7. M

    Ryzen with 3600MHz RAM Benchmark

    Absolutely, it's the previous AMD generation that deserves to be bashed, but Ryzen wins back the price/performance crown for now. Complaining that it did not beat 7700K is just silly -- if it did, the prices would be much closer to Intel's, and we would not be able to afford 6C/12T and 8C/16T...
  8. M

    Ryzen with 3600MHz RAM Benchmark

    Testing 7700K and Ryzen 7 with any $600+ videocard at 1080p makes a moot point. GTX1070 is absolutely the top end for 95% of 1080p gamers.
  9. M

    Ryzen with 3600MHz RAM Benchmark

    When you repeat the word "biased" enough times, the review suddenly becomes "fake news"
  10. M

    Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K CPU De-Lid & Re-Lid Results @ [H]

    I think this whole delidding business is such an embarrassment for Intel. It's one thing their current mainstream platform is limited to 4C/8T, it's quite another that it is thermally challenged. The only excuse for buying Intel Z270 now would be reaching the coveted 5 GHz, while enjoying...
  11. M

    Play DOOM ON Your Porsche 911

    I laughed so hard through the whole video I started crying :ROFLMAO: This is the ultimate revenge of the nerds!
  12. M

    First AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Benchmarks Are Here

    Now, this is ridiculous. Especially if "no turbo" frequency is true (which I doubt)...
  13. M

    Overclocking Intel Kaby Lake Core i3-7350K

    Oh, I see what Intel did there: introduced a lower end 4C/8T Kaby Lake-X for their next HEDT platform. Now it looks quite upgradeable, for those who wouldn't mind paying extra $300+ for the Intel badge and quad channel RAM
  14. M

    Overclocking Intel Kaby Lake Core i3-7350K

    Right, so what's the point to buy Intel Z270 + Core i3 to start with? This Zen could be the new Sandy Bridge, good for 5+ years of upgrades. I need a new system this year, there is no reason to wait for the new 6C/12T mainstream platform from Intel next year.
Back
Top