• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by master0068

  1. M

    Insignia 4k 43" Roku + HDMI 4:4:4 (Cheap and 4:4:4)

    RGBW uses 4 subpixels to represent 3 colors, so you lose 25% of resolution. Even if the screen accepts a 4:4:4 signal, you're losing 25% resolution on ALL pixels, so it isn't displaying true 4:4:4 chroma. Faux-K: RGBW LED TV Spoils 4K UHD Resolution & Colour They demonstrate it better than I...
  2. M

    Insignia 4k 43" Roku + HDMI 4:4:4 (Cheap and 4:4:4)

    Perfect. Unfortunate, but you've confirmed what another user on another site stated. That the panel was made by LG. I assumed it was RGBW, since the LG 4K panels (in the "cheaper" range) are RGBW. Thanks for your information, a lot of people will appreciate it. I have to ask, but you tried...
  3. M

    Insignia 4k 43" Roku + HDMI 4:4:4 (Cheap and 4:4:4)

    Oh Oh, someone on AVS FORUM said it was an LG panel. I know that the last wave of LG 4k "4:4:4" panels, were actually WBRG pixel configuration, which resulted in reduced subpixel accuracy, hence not true 2160p, and definitely not real 4:4:4.
  4. M

    Insignia 4k 43" Roku + HDMI 4:4:4 (Cheap and 4:4:4)

    That's correct. It does a good job of giving you a form of SuperSampling too, for free, since it's done on a 2D level.
  5. M

    Insignia 4k 43" Roku + HDMI 4:4:4 (Cheap and 4:4:4)

    Although 1080p scaling being ugly sounds like a bad thing, if you are running this as a PC monitor and have an HDMI 2.0 card (or the DP converter), you can just use Video card scaling for it, essentially always running at 2160p (4K). Video card scaling is nice, I use this for 2560x1440, when I...
  6. M

    Vizio 43" 4k M43-C1

    I know this is an old post, but I was under the impression that the 43" model did NOT support 1080p@120hz, if it does, then this just became a great option for my main monitor. I know it only does 4:2:2, but there aren't any other options at this price, and the Sony 43" doesn't do...
  7. M

    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

    Ok, well that explains it. By that logic, the MSRP of 329$ is supposed to be for the card WITH the magnesium cooler, correct? Meaning, if a "budget" version, with a standard Reference Cooler (without the magnesium cover), SHOULD theoretically be cheaper than 329$ once initial purchasing...
  8. M

    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

    Hi folks, Can anyone provide some insight into why I can't see any Geforce GTX 970 with the Reference cooler (i.e. magnesium plating). It's supposed to be 329$ US for that design, yet the "cheaper" plastic coolers, are being sold for that and higher. I realize we're still REALLY early...
  9. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Agreed but I already own a tv and GPU that are only hdmi 1.4 In some situations I'd rather have lower color quality but with higher refresh.
  10. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Yeah I saw that thread. I've got the new driver installed, it removed my old resolutions but I managed to re-add them (1080p120hz). Just looking to see how to "try" to force the new mode (if possible).
  11. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Yeah i hear you, but that's why I'm willing to try to test/force it. I don't think it has anything to do with hdmi 2.0, because it's supported on non hdmi 2.0 nvidia cards right? Isn't this a reduced pixel clock mode to allow 4k@60hz?
  12. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    So no one's actually tried the Nvidia 340.52 with the new 4:2:0 color mode to do 4k @ 60hz? I don't know enough about custom resolution settings to know how to set it up, but I've got the TV and the Driver ready to go if anyone wants to give me some settings to try.
  13. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    I don't fully understand how the Nvidia Drivers, Windows, and Games/Direct 3D use resolutions. For example, in the Nvidia Control Panel I see a whole bunch of resolutions, now these are drawn from the Displays EDID? When there are multiple HDTV or Monitor resolutions, which do games...
  14. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    I'm using the 50" Firmware. The problem is games "relay" 1920x1080 differently to the TV or something. The fact that 1920x1080 results in some games doing 1080i, 1080p60 or 1920x1080 is odd. I don't know enough about how to do this, but it seems I'd like to remove 1080i, so that it never...
  15. M

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    I'm having issues with this. Some games don't even have 1920x1080, and for the ones that do, when I select it, I end up with "1080i". (some 1080p60, and some 1080p24.. wtf?) Not sure how to force it to use my custom 120hz 1920x1080. Any suggestions? P.S. the only way I've been able to make...
Back
Top