Recent content by Marty81

  1. M

    Playstation 2/Gamecube on DELL 2005FPW

    You don't have input lag? That should be something to watch out for and I would caution you against running systems on these monitors for this reason. Anyway, yeah, you'll need a VGA adapter if you want to play on the 20 incher. I can't offer much more assistance than that, sorry.
  2. M

    3007 vs 24T input lag comparison photos

    Ok, looking forward to hearing about it :)
  3. M

    3007 vs 24T input lag comparison photos

    Has the 3007 been tested against a CRT yet?
  4. M

    What's the deal with these monitors?

    My department just received an "offer" on some supposedly very high-quality monitors that were formerly used in radiology elsewhere: I'm going to quote from the email. "They are Planar dome C3 gray scale monitors (see below for a partial descriprion, but should you be interested, please be...
  5. M

    My 2405FPW is starting to make "popping" sounds

    I guess I'll just wait to see if it becomes a real problem then.
  6. M

    My 2405FPW is starting to make "popping" sounds

    I think it's a little late for that...no? Besides, my 2405 is perfect aside from that. No backlight bleed, no high-pitched whine, no dead pixels, no rolling lines on component-in, etc.
  7. M

    My 2405FPW is starting to make "popping" sounds

    Does anyone know anything about this? It happens randomly when it's on, and almost always a few moments after I've turned it off. It's always a small set of popping/crackling noises. It's making me a bit uneasy. It's a Dell 2405FPW, manufactured in July 2005.
  8. M

    SED displays at Canon. Holy S*****!

    Will they flicker like CRT's do?
  9. M

    TFT monitor and Security camera problems.

    Yeah, a cheap VCR can take in RF and output composite, at least.
  10. M

    Replacement 2405 processing time?

    They overnight them, but sometimes due to supply issues it can take a couple days before they have them available to actually send. My RMA turnaround time was something like I got the replacement 5 "real" days (including Sat+Sun) after I called for it.
  11. M

    getting rid of my dell 2405, any good 20" LCD suggestions?

    False. I immediately RMA'd my first 2405 due to high-pitched whining, and the replacement doesn't have the problem.
  12. M

    2405FPW "Input Lag" Poll

    I've played a few console games on mine (direct hookup via component) and haven't felt any lag whatsoever
  13. M

    Picture Quality: LCD VS. CRT Rear Projection

    Er, so what does "HDTV input" mean, exactly?
  14. M

    Dell RMA via UPS - "Returned to Shipper?"

    Thanks! I'll rest easier tonight.
  15. M

    Dell RMA via UPS - "Returned to Shipper?"

    So, I RMA'd a whiny 2405. Dell sent the UPS guy with a sticker to put on the box, and I was assured everything would go without a hitch and I wouldn't be charged for anything. I just checked UPS's site with my tracking number, and I got... Aug 5, 2005 10:24 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US...
Back
Top