I figured I'd share all of the photos I took both during the initial build and after I'd added the second radiator and switched to soft tubing.
https://goo.gl/photos/QfDeBZ13HQqm1SYA9
Mark.
This is awesome; you've got a pretty cool mount there; I used some sheet aluminium to mount the same pump in the same place although looking at it you have the mount about 7-10mm lower than I have it
Essentially for me the top of the reservoir is more or less at the top of the case (there's...
I've seen another build which is essentially the same as what you're suggesting; NCASE M1 v1 Mini-ITX Build
Unless you're going for the window, a 120mm rad oin the side provides almost 50% more frontal area than the 92mm and you don't need to run the fans so fast.
Personally I'm pretty happy...
Actually, because you cannot mount the Coolstream SE 240 radiator to the fan mounting holes without fouling the front USB/power/audio ports, you end up pushing it right into the "back corner".
This gives you plenty of room to access both sides of the waterblock outlet, at least on the EK FC970...
I have the EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump) – EK Webshop mounted exactly where those holes are, but sadly they're not in the right position to match the EK mounting bracket.
I've had to fabricate a custom plate and extend one of the rectangular holes slightly to get it to fit - if the front...
All of the 80mm Noctua fans look to be 25mm from their website, but the NF-A9x14 PWM is a 14mm 92mm fan. That may fit better in your build although with a slight noise/performance tradeoff. That said, you probably wouldn't need to run it at 100%.
You might get more responses over on the SFF > NCase N1 thread (NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)).
The 240mm rad on the bottom implies that you're either using Intel graphics or you have a full-cover block on your GPU. This is because there's simply not enough space...
Which fan would people go for, for a single 120mm radiator on the side of the M1 (in addition to a 240 on the floor)?
NF-F12 PWM
NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM
Is it a case of "either will do the job" and I have to choose between noise and performance?
There's only enough space for something like a CoolStream SE 240 under a GPU with full-cover block (GTX970).
I added a picture of my build with a ruler for scale a couple of pages back.
Problem is, as I'm discovering myself, it's not really enough on its own with 15mm fans to keep the water...
I'm running the EK CoolStream SE 240 on the bottom of my M1, with a pair of Silverstone 15mm fans and while it does the job, water temps are toasty after heavy gaming (Delta T of ~37C, which isn't great, i5-6600K and a GTX970 in the same loop).
I'm planning on adding an additional 120mm rad...
Thanks for all of the replies, especially to Necere and WiSK.
Regarding this, I'm not quite sure how to determine what speed to set my pump to.
I have this: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - (incl. pump) – EK Webshop
Currently I have it set to about 40% which, assuming flow rates are linear with speed is...
I wonder what that actually means in practice; would the coolant temperature essentially not change over ambient if I can match the cooling capacity to the power draw of the system?
So, some back-of-an-envelope calculations suggest that an i5-6600K (96W) with the EVGA GTX970 (170W) draw 266W of power at full load. I have a an inline power meter to plug into the wall so I'll test that out tonight.
I came across this review of the longer EK SE 360 radiator: EK CoolStream SE...
yoyo55, glad you like it :)
My inspiration was this build: NCASE M1 v1 Mini-ITX Build
It seems to use the same EK 240SE radiator although with the PWM version of the 15mm fans (the blue just wouldn't go here) but it also has the 92mm in the back, I assume with the fan on exhaust.
I'm pretty...
Hi all,
I thought I'd share with you my new build based on the M1:
This picture was taken while I was bleeding the loop after first filling (as you can see by the paper towels).
Obviously I don't run it sat on a towel normally ;)
Main components are a i5-6600K and a GTX970 along with a...