• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Magnite

  1. M

    New to Intel, need recommendation for Ivy Bridge mobo

    Agreed with this recommendation. For a budget oriented board it's really good (and very cheap if you buy it in the microcenter cpu/mobo bundle).
  2. M

    AMD Radeon HD 7970 CrossFire Bundle Lucky Draw

    Impressive performance for an affordable price and lots of overclocking headroom is just icing on the cake.
  3. M

    Whats best single card for 30" monitor ?

    I use a 27" 2560x1440 monitor and my slightly overclocked MSI reference 7970 runs wow/rift/planetside 2 exceptionally well. 7970s are also a good amount cheaper then the 680s.
  4. M

    Having some issue with GPU tweak and Matrix 7970

    I could be wrong, but it might be these: http://www.overclockersclub.com/vimages/asus_matrix_hd7970_platinum/21.jpg http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7970_Matrix/images/measure1.jpg
  5. M

    Having some issue with GPU tweak and Matrix 7970

    Do you get the same voltage spike @ stock clock speeds? Also try the unigine benchmark and see if it spikes there as well.
  6. M

    Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

    I ordered mine on Wend night from redcap, he had a tracking number for me later that evening. Shipping was very fast: For customs I got hit with tax (HST) on the $150 declared value and a $10 fedex fee for customs processing. Here is the box as it arrived, no wrapping on the outside and...
  7. M

    [H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

    Awesome cooling with the DirectCU II cooler and PhysX for Borderlands 2.
  8. M

    System won't post with 6750 installed

    Are you sure it's just not taking a really really long time? Back when I upgraded my 8800gtx to a 5770, it would take 30-45 seconds to post with the fans spinning up/down before hand. A bios update fixed it though. It was a M2N32 board
  9. M

    Are there any good P67/Z68 Motherboards?

    I have a P8Z68 PRO, haven't had any real problems with it. The only two quirks I came across was that the TPU physical switch (auto overclock) was turned on by default, causing instability and I couldn't get a stable OC until I enabled XMP.
  10. M

    F1 Socket system

    F1 based systems are pretty amazing for an HTPC setup, they can even do some low-medium quality gaming at stock without a discrete GPU. If I were to build an office/browsing pc for a relative it would be a toss up between a lower end SB and a Llano though, it all depends which I could get...
  11. M

    ASUS Q-Connector (20-8 pin)

    You shouldn't need one at all. If anything, it feels more flimsy with it on. The motherboard manual will have a pretty detailed image on where to plug in the power/reset/etc directly on the board without using the q connect.
  12. M

    Corsair "Barebones" Christmas Giveaway!

    Probably the best CS out of any tech company. I had questions regarding one of their speaker products, literally 30 minutes after I submitted a full list of questions I had meaningful and helpful answers to all of them.
  13. M

    ASUS P8Z68 setup advice

    That's just marketing, unless they are SSD or maybe SAS drives, they will never use the full 6 GB/s. I have 2 SSDs on my Sata6 ports, then 2 WD Caviar Blacks in Raid 1 on the first two Sata3, then another Samsung F3 and a Samsung DVDRW on the remaining pair. I have the marvell controller disabled.
  14. M

    Asus z68 V PRO /gen3 won't load my XFX 6970??

    I would be weary about using either the MS drivers (they are probably outdated AMD ones) or the ones on the cd, have you tried downloading directly from the amd site?
  15. M

    Can I Stress Test a 6970 With a Dated CPU/MB

    Memoryexpress clear out? Use furmark or kombustor, it should give you an idea how it's handling itself. The main think you are looking for are things like graphical glitches/temps anyway, should be fine for that.
Back
Top