A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I want to see what AMD brings to the table. If Bulldozer is powerful, yet inexpensive, I may go that route.
If it's just another Phenom II, then I'll probably get myself a 2600k.
Either way, I've got a massive upgrade ahead of me.
I don't have either of those, but I've got some OCZ stuff somewhere (can't remember what it's called, but it's pretty good, I think. Keeps an E8600 around 40C when folding flat out on stock air, stock speed). I've given the laptops 'names' to make referencing on forums easier, but I'm not...
Friend of a friend had a non-standard (thereby warranty-killing) BIOS for the Acer Aspire 1410. I took the risk and loaded it, and can push it a little. My highest 'stable' OC is about 1.6 out of a 1.3 chip. Any more and I'm making the chip run way too hot. I like my laptops to stay under...
I make it my point to at least squish a few uniprocessor units with a few different rigs. I have my Celeron laptop (1.3Ghz Celeron 743 ULV. I can get a little more than 1.3 from it.) and a P3 that ends up more often than not with my feet on the case (Desktop type, gets warm enough to be...
I may not fold for Team 33 (sorry guys), but I also don't mind the 6701. It's predictable. My E8600 can handle it at stock speed (again, I'm not really in it for awesome PPD, just something interesting to do), and squeezes out 32 minute frame times. At least I can trust the 6701 will always...