Recent content by madmook

  1. M

    BenQ BL2710PT Review: 2560x1440 Matte AHVA (AUO's Version of IPS/PLS)

    Cool, very interested to hear about the AG coating, input lag and contrast level. Also, if it is IPS type, then there should be no off-angle color/gamma shift like the VA panel on my GW2750, which is annoying.
  2. M

    HP Pavilion 27xi Gloss screen with heavy AG

    I have a 23-inch version, the 23xi, and that does indeed have a pretty heavy AG coating. I think the 21 and 25 inchers are also matte, just the 27" is glossy. Weird for HP to change it up within the same model/series.
  3. M

    What are my 2013 options for a glossy 27" / 1080p monitor?

    HP Envy 27 would be another choice. 27" 1080p glossy IPS with decent built-in speakers. No overdrive overshoot. I would've been happy with it but I was looking for a matte display, so I returned it.
  4. M

    Monoprice 30" IPS Pro Monitor

    Does it output sound in hdmi through the built-in speakers? The website mentions through a separate 3.5mm input only. Also, is there a 3.5mm headphone out jack? And does it have "keep aspect ratio" settings for when viewing non-16:10 resolutions?
  5. M

    Does the Samsung S27B971D exist?

    According to that flatpanelshd link it's the screen that has been changed to matte, not the bezel. The 970d has a glossy screen. I think it's just taking a little while for the screen to reach retailers. Probably will be available in April.
  6. M

    Forget about the BenQ GW2760HS in North America

    That is a shame because I would've considered getting one to replace the GW2750HM I'm currently using, which I'm mostly pleased with, but the smaller bezel and "color shift-free" claims are very enticing.
  7. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Should be green when it is on and displaying an image. Turns yellow/amber when it can't detect any signal and goes into standby mode. At least that's what my 2750HM does.
  8. M

    Eizo Foris FS2333

    Did you order from that website you linked above and if so how quick was the shipping and service?
  9. M

    AOC I2757FH 1080p IPS

    I can't read the words, do you know if they tested input lag and if so what'd they find? Thanks.
  10. M

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    zod, is there a 3.5mm stereo audio out jack for the HDMI connection?
  11. M

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    TFTCentral reviewed Viewsonic's 27" WQHD PLS: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/viewsonic_vp2770-led.htm and the 26ms input lag is very off-putting. Hopefully Asus keeps it low for the PB278Q.
  12. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Amazon has shipped my GW2750HM pre-order, though estimated delivery isn't till the end of next week. I'm kinda wary now, though, after reading all these under-whelming impressions of the GW2450. All these GW models are advertised with the same specs, so I would've assumed that they were using...
  13. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Damn, if Fry's had the HM version I'd totally bite. Oh well, still waiting on Amazon for the 2750HM.
  14. M

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    I have a GW2750HM pre-ordered on Amazon. Hopefully they don't take too much longer. Much thanks to NCX for those above links. Looks like the 5000:1 static contrast ratio is not a lie, as well as the better response times (compared to the last batch of BenQ VA LED's, i.e. the EW2420 and 2730).
  15. M

    Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

    Specs say the backlight is 350cd/m2 and in practice I felt it was pretty accurate. 350 is not the brightest available out there, but a tiny bit higher than the norm, which is 250-300. Don't think I got any vesa screws with my unit, just the two long gold screws for securing the baseplate and...
Back
Top