Recent content by louwillsea

  1. L

    WHat replacement fans for the stock units that came with My H80?

    The noise is annoying when they ramp up, which seems to be a lot lately after getting this I7-3770K. It is obnoxiously loud. Also what is the optimal configuration? Push/Pull with air going into the case or coming out? Thanks in advance.
  2. L

    Some love for 7870, please!!!! ;)

    I love my 7870. But I still am replacing it with a 7970. Merry Christmas to me :)
  3. L

    Should I get another 7970?

    This is not good news for me as I just ordered a 7970 and plan on playing Battlefield and Far Cry 3 which comes with the card..... Why would they do a bundle when there are issues with the games it comes with???? I had serious ponderances of getting the GTX 680. Now it looks like I should have...
  4. L

    Keep Core I5 2500K and overclock to 4.6Ghz, or use my Core I7 3550K @ 4.4Ghz?

    Thanks for the apples to apples comparison Ramon. I notice everything now is much snappier. Did a few bios tweaks and now have it running Prime stable at 4.5Ghz so it is definitely much faster then my Core I5.
  5. L

    Place to view gaming benches on 3770K vs 3750K?

    I was pondering whether to get the 3770k or the I5. I ended up going for the I7 since they were the same price. Problem is I cannot overclock it as much as I could my I5 2500K. No biggie the more threads the better when I'm using Handbrake.
  6. L

    Keep Core I5 2500K and overclock to 4.6Ghz, or use my Core I7 3550K @ 4.4Ghz?

    I just did a search on Cores in Handbrake and it does indeed use Hyperthreading. Case closed sticking to my I7 setup. Now what to do with my Sandy Bridge rig lol.....
  7. L

    Keep Core I5 2500K and overclock to 4.6Ghz, or use my Core I7 3550K @ 4.4Ghz?

    Reason I am asking is that I am disappointed with the overclocks I am getting with the 3770K. My Core I5 2500K goes much higher, yet I do use a lot of apps that cause use the extra threads the 3770K can give me. For example Using Handbrake (which I have not used yet, Which would be faster?
  8. L

    Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K and 2500K Processors @ [H]

    It is set to normal right now. Should I up it?
  9. L

    Pny Geforce GTX 560 Ti

    Im having the 5870 repaired by Gigabyte, but didnt have a spare card lying around to throw in until I get it back. It might not be as fast as my 5870, but it seems alot more consistent with regards to FPS. I dont have a crazy resolution monitor so I play at 1920X1080 anyways. Have it clocked to...
  10. L

    Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K and 2500K Processors @ [H]

    Set CPU voltage in Bios 1.25 and it still jumps up to nearly 1.5volts. What could I possibly be doing wrong?
  11. L

    Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K and 2500K Processors @ [H]

    THing is I havent set anything anywhere, I was told on another forum that I didnt have to, Sure I read the reviews and the overclocking manuals, but was talked into leaving everything at auto. I need to re-read the I5 2500K overclockers guide,
  12. L

    Facebook Sued for Allowing Racy Images of 12 Year Old

    Not going to win if he does.
  13. L

    The U.S. Spend 53B Minutes on Facebook Per Month

    And I bet my roommate who isnt working right now ate up about half those minutes. He is on there every day all day long, it's a total addicition. I told him he needs to go to a Facebook Anonymous meeting.
  14. L

    AMD Showcases World’s Fastest CPU

    +1 on that.
Back
Top