Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I didn't even know they sold warranty stickers. Sneaky! Haha.
So that MSI looks good, though a little more than I want to spend. I also saw this SAGER NP7155 for around the same price. I have some thinking to do.
I basically came to the same conclusion. If doing anything other than web browsing, the dGPU will kick on, making the iGPU basically useless. And as far as the iGPU, it's only really good for movies, but not much more than that. Plus it only works on AMD, etc, etc... I got a headache at that...
Hmm, that's what I thought. Also, just as a matter of preference, I would rather go with nVidia over AMD. So really the debate for me is do I plunk down the cash for a laptop with an 840M or higher. Anything in that price range that meets my specs that's not from a manufacturer who completely...
@Lunas - Lenovo is infamous for that. MSI as well as HP too. I'd like to avoid those brands. But isn't Sager, ASUS, and Acer still okay to upgrade?
@Chas - You're absolutely right and that's why I was asking for suggestions. I know most CPU's and GPU's are soldered in and not replaceable and...
Hello all,
I'm looking for some laptop recommendations to replace my girlfriend's dying HP AIO.
A few things I'm looking for:
Screen size should be 15"+ and matte, not glossy if possible
Resolution should be 1080p minimum. I don't think she really needs 4K to be honest.
SSD would be...
Thanks, RareAir23! Unfortunately I tried switching ports. I didn't try switching cables, because I only have one DVI cable. Other than that, I pretty much tried everything, as you can see. I'm glad yours was an easy fix. I was reading about this "Red Screen of Death" and it appears to be common...
With all due respect, did you read this thread at all? I fixed the issue by replacing the card today. And with a 1000W PSU, power would hardly be a problem. PSU's are hardly ever an issue because most people get more wattage than they could possibly use. My total draw on full load doesn't even...
I always SWORE by eVGA. Between taking away lifetime warranties and now this awful QC, I'm really starting to think I should start looking for a better manufacturer.
So quick update: After sleeping on it, I tackled the issue today. Found an old 8800GTS that I wasn't sure if it worked or not...
Oh, and after the last RMA, I had the option of purchasing advanced RMA, so I paid the $45 for Next Day. If I do have to RMA the card, at least I won't have to wait long.
Ugh, 3 in a row? I'd be livid! It still may come to that for me.
So I noticed something I forgot to mention (can you tell this has got my brain fried?)
When I get the "red" screen, it's always been after trying to install drivers while not in Safe Mode. I also forgot to mention that every time...
No I understood that part, I don't understand where you said "Sounds like it's dead anyways." What makes you so sure?
To answer your questions:
This is not a fresh install of my OS. The OS was installed back in May or so. I had a GTX 570 that worked flawlessly but I took the eVGA Step Up...
This is the second one - fresh out of the box. Do they have that bad of a failure rate? Also, why would I be fine for weeks but I only saw a problem today when I was playing WoW?
I'm not saying you're wrong, mind you, but why would you think that?
Just an update. Continued the endless cycle of totally removing drivers and trying different versions. Here's the current breakdown:
296.10 - Won't install. No supported hardware
301.42 - BSOD
306.23 - BSOD
306.97 - BSOD
310.70 - BSOD
I am at my wit's end. I'm tempted to just say the heck with...