• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by LionelW

  1. L

    About Areca ARC-1680ix

    Interesting, Q1 is mentioned but so is April which will probably translate to Q2. Looks like a tasty bit of kit ;).
  2. L

    About Areca ARC-1680ix

    Hi Yoheen, actually I ordered them before Christmas, I'll check when I go in tomorrow ;).
  3. L

    WHS file corruption and RAID arrays

    I am sorry but I have to disagree odditory, I am however happy to change my opinion if you have better info on this. RAID 10 is the way to go. RAID 6 is still slower than 10. Hardware is cheap data is not.I feel that bit rot does not affect the data in any way close to what you are suggesting...
  4. L

    WHS file corruption and RAID arrays

    I am giving up on trusting WHS now TBH, it has corrupted on me 4 times in total now and I cannot see how MS can release a product this bad. It occured on a HP MediaSmart server, a Dell PC converted to a WHS build, and two custom builds now. Problem is I like all the add-ons especially MyMovies...
  5. L

    WHS file corruption and RAID arrays

    added to above
  6. L

    Your HD tune scores

    Ok I finally got around to testing my Drive performance of the rig I made in Jan 2009: Dell XPS 730x Intel® Core i7 processor Extreme Edition 965 (3.20GHz,8MB) 6GB RAM (3 x 2048) 1067MHz DDR3 Dual-Channel 6X Blu-Ray Burner Drive including software Creative Sound Blaster Xfi Xtreme Dell...
  7. L

    WHS file corruption and RAID arrays

    Hi everyone, I have been a WHS user for a few years and have been largely using the WGS forums but I have only recently stumbled across this one. I have two questions: File corruption on multiple drives - is this resolved with PP3? How to get past the 2TB limit on single drives? The second...
  8. L

    About Areca ARC-1680ix

    I thought I'd post this here to show the performance I have been achieving using the 1680ix-24 controller: Ok I finally got around to testing my Drive performance of the rig I made in Jan 2009: Dell XPS 730x Intel® Core i7 processor Extreme Edition 965 (3.20GHz,8MB) 6GB RAM (3 x 2048)...
  9. L

    Windows Home Server FAQ

    *moved*
Back
Top