• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by LiddellDogs

  1. LiddellDogs

    If you ever find yourself on the [H], shoot me a PM to get a blast from the past

    If you ever find yourself on the [H], shoot me a PM to get a blast from the past
  2. LiddellDogs

    Big Progress in FAH Daily Production

    All this talk of 4P systems and GFX cards, is there an [H]folding gallery these days? Plz say yes
  3. LiddellDogs

    Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

    Just hit 200k from cpu's and a newly added part time gpu. keep an eye on your rear view mirrors gents!
  4. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Ended up getting an untested ASUS Rampage iii Formula for $115 shipped. with a little patience a good board can be found, best purchase of my life
  5. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Just noticed I never posted an overclock update. Ended up using this guide to overclock my X5650 (the guide is for i7 CPU's but still has a lot of relevant information). I like the methodology of isolating components and settings one at a time. A few hours later I was going higher and higher...
  6. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    You'll be fine. Especially with a properly threaded game. I fold on 6 cores while playing games at 60FPS (Vsync enabled)
  7. LiddellDogs

    WTB: 4X 4gb sticks of DDR2 desktop ram

    Bump for you good sir, Thanks for shipping my items so quickly! Good luck to you and your wife!
  8. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    All parts are second hand (I just noticed that only thing left from before the upgrade is a 500gb hdd for storage), not really worried about looks. I do keep them clean to help with Temps and longevity. The case's window is hard to see through anyways. I don't really show it off. If I ever get...
  9. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Finally found a solution for my Chipset temps, They were always high (60C to 65C under a good load), I tried a small 40MM fan which didn't help at all. So I tried a 80MM fan supported by the GFX card and held in place by the water lines. It's not pretty but it's a huge improvement. Idle temp...
  10. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    TBH I'm more about the understanding. I don't really need the OC, but I enjoy it, and it makes me want to learn more about how architectures have changed over the years. Thanks for sharing your settings! I was going to start playing with it again this morning, but then the wife woke up. Why...
  11. LiddellDogs

    Official Red's server room thread

    It's Fall :) We're all patiently awaiting another update, by patiently I mean I'm having to purchase spare F5 Keys for my keyboard :p
  12. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Thanks for all the advice guys, not to mention inspiring this upgrade in the first place :p. Anyone have an overclocking guide they can recommend? I've read several, including this one, the first one to show up in google. But its kind of poorly written and talks about pitching and catching...
  13. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    I had a small 40mm there for a bit. Never bothered mounting it. Need more airflow to justify it. I'm on the lookout for a cooling solution there
  14. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Updated Sig, been meaning to do that anyways. I haven't tweaked any voltages yet, I'm sure this is what's stopping me thus far. I've never overclocked a board with this many settings / features, nor one this recent (recent for me, I'm incredibly cheap). The last was an Athlon 64 that I was...
  15. LiddellDogs

    1366 x58 Xeon Enthusiast overclocks club

    Finally got the mounting hardware for my corsair AIO cooler. Not convinced it was a H50 like it was listed as. It looks different than the pictures. Either way I haven't seen over 55C on my X5650 :) What's funny is I hit 3.9Ghz and had good results (besides temps) at varying frequinces on air...
Back
Top