Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I voted Yes, but only because I dont see anything wrong with the NDA. Longer term NDAs are more common in my industry now. But I dont think this should be a poll, this should be up to your lawyer if the risk are out weighed by the reward.
Long story short I am trying to run 3-4 mobos off of a single power supply (Intel Avaton C2550s so not very much power draw) They will be ESXi nodes for my traveling test lab.
I would really like to be able to reboot them individually if needed without disturbing the other 2-3 boards. But I...
Follow any of Gea's guides, if you aren't doing an all in one just skip the VM part
Its basically:
Install Openindiana or OmniOS
Install Napp-it
log into napp-it web gui
initialize disks and create a pool
Create the Share type you want (SMB/NFS/AFP) and the security settings
Boom NAS
mind sharing cad files for it if you arent going to manu them? maybe a "how to" guide of materials and what you need done?
are waterjet tolerances tight enough for the cutting?
Basically I need to upgrade my 1366 setup.
I have been planning on buying a new setup 32GB RAM+4770k+ (something like) Asrock extreme6. To give you an idea of what I am looking at.
I don't mind stepping back to 1155 as there is no real perf advantage I see.
needs to be a K series i7...
I run one into my ESXi all in one, OI/napp-it with a pass-through HBA. I have a local and cloud backup to be safe, but haven't seen any issues so far.
I currently have 8 WD 1TB blacks in it, my #5 (or #4 if you start with 0) slot is weird to seat (left to right, top to bottom) and the power...
If it were me starting all over again I would look at what this guy has done:
http://thehomeserverblog.com/ (look at his setup and the $500 build in the pop posts on the right)
basically an all in one box that you could expand as needs arise
If not I would look at something like a Synology...