Recent content by lazybratsche

  1. L

    Abit Airpace 802.11b/g PCIe adapter $0.99 AR

    I saw that this was posted last month, but the cards went out of stock. Well, they're back and I just ordered one. Here's the link. It's $26.99 with free shipping and $26 in mail in rebates. Great deal if you need something like this, and possibly even if you don't. Reviews around the...
  2. L

    750G sata new, $155 shipped [Newegg]

    Not bad -- I bit. I was hoping that these would dip below $150, but it looks like that won't happen until the next generation of hard drives arrives and bumps the price down.
  3. L

    Female Gamers Have More Sex

    Well, duh. Gamer girls have their pick of the disproportionately larger amount of desperately lonely male gamers. Haven't y'all seen every guy at a lan party immediately start competing for the attention of any female who's willingly there? It also applies for any other sort of geek...
  4. L

    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Rechargable Mouse $39.95 (GC=$29.95) [ONE DAY ONLY]

    Just posting a quick follow up. I got my mouse today (through no fault of the retailer, it actually arrived last Thursday -- stupid college mail room). It's entirely as advertised, a shiny new in-box retail product. It was probably just stock that couldn't be sold, now that the MX1000 is old...
  5. L

    Possible Woot-off tonight!!! 1/29/07

    I bit. I'm looking to get a ps2, and a nice computer monitor as well, but unless I spring for a 24" with a tuner I need some way to convert the video. This looks as good of a way as any, and it's cheap. Now all I need is a 22" widescreen lcd and the aforementioned ps2...
  6. L

    22" WS w/ HDMI $339

    More importantly, this monitor (unlike most other 22" panels) has HDCP support. Which, sadly, makes it more future proof, since content providers want to encrypt their precious signals. With HDCP, you (hopefully) won't have to replace your monitor to play full-res HD movies a few years from now.
  7. L

    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Rechargable Mouse $39.95 (GC=$29.95) [ONE DAY ONLY]

    Hopefully this is just referring to the store's warranty, not the manufacturers warranty. Hopefully. I may end up regretting this... To be safe, I saved a copy of the product page before it was taken down (presumably because it's out of stock now). At least I'll have some ammunition if the...
  8. L

    22" WS w/ HDMI $339

    D'oh. Ok, so this won't give a "true" 1080p picture, but what it displays will be significantly better than 720p.
  9. L

    22" WS w/ HDMI $339

    At 1080p? You're missing about 30 lines worth of vertical resolution, which amounts to... nothing really noticable. That's only about 3% of the screen cut off -- about a quarter of an inch on a screen that size.
  10. L

    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Rechargable Mouse $39.95 (GC=$29.95) [ONE DAY ONLY]

    Sonofabitch. Well, we'll see how this goes... I guess this is what happens when I browse this forum before having any caffiene.
  11. L

    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Rechargable Mouse $39.95 (GC=$29.95) [ONE DAY ONLY]

    Ooh. Free shipping as well! $30 shipped most certainly counts as [H]ot. I guess it's time to replace my trusty MX700.
  12. L

    PSU's to Avoid

    Can you add the Master Power brand to this list? My parents threw out a perfectly good power supply and replaced it with this POS they picked up from CompUSA. (The actual problem was a dying fan on the heatsink, but that didn't stop them...) Recently that computer started misbehaving, first...
  13. L

    Professional Series Ionic Breeze $99

    He's not saying that, he's saying that empirical data gathered by scientists is better than highly subjective impressions by laymen. "It smells nicer" isn't empirical, and there's certainly no control for anything else that might have made the room smell nicer otherwise.
  14. L

    [H]ot! Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Collections Edition XB360 - $49.99 @ Outpost

    *sigh* yeah, and I got all excited too. Oh well, I can keep waiting.
  15. L

    HOT! BFG 6800GS /w 16 pipes stock for 194.99 + Shipping

    Probably something on the order of a 15% performance increase, with the extra pipes and modest overclock. With the XFX, however, there's a decent chance you can unlock the pipes and overclock it yourself. The XFX and the eVGA cost $25 more, to my great dismay. $25 is a semester's supply of...
Back
Top