Recent content by lapoltbaCT

  1. L

    MCP355 Overspeed shutdown?

    Well, at 12V and looking at the pump curve for the modded pump, it puts out up to 9 PSI at 1.5 GPM. I haven't measured the flow in my loop, but all that is there is the EK Supreme HF with the low restriction plate and a 2x120 radiator. The tubing is very soft and it doesn't take much to make...
  2. L

    MCP355 Overspeed shutdown?

    Thanks. I figured while I had the two pumps apart it was a worthwhile upgrade to swap the boards in both. Seems to be a huge improvement in power and I like the fact that the pump is controlled by a single chip. I haven't had a chance to hook it up and do a burn in on the thermal compound...
  3. L

    MCP355 Overspeed shutdown?

    The pump was the only thing on the PSU since I was bleeding the system. I did the PCB swap today on both pumps. The "new" one that I bought to replace the one that I knew burned up is now working flawlessly. I'm pretty sure the board on that one was bad somehow. I soldered the windings on...
  4. L

    MCP355 Overspeed shutdown?

    Anyone? I had already ordered 2 of the 18w repair kits, one to fix my other pump that burned out on me. I guess i'll probably pull this one apart and possibly replace it too. It really seems like the board overheats quickly and shuts down.
  5. L

    MCP355 Overspeed shutdown?

    So... I was bleeding my loop today after replacing a burned out MCP355. It's basically the same setup I had. Just the pump with a T-line on the inlet, cpu block, to the radiator. I partially filled the loop as best I could by adding water, rolling the case around and repeating. I kept the...
Back
Top