• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by lancelot48

  1. L

    The obligatory GOTY 2012 thread

    I had to wait until almost the end of the Year, but, for me its Far Cry 3.
  2. L

    Monitors for Portrait mode

    Had a U2411 for a year now and have no problem with the AG coating. If you go looking for problems you will find it.
  3. L

    Best wireless mouse

    Opened and used my G700 for the first time yesterday. Luckily I have about 10 spare rechargeable eneloope batteries, because the "out of the box" one only lasted 1 hour. Am a bit disappointed in the build of the G700 (when compared to the MX1000). The scroll wheel rattles. Also what's with...
  4. L

    Best wireless mouse

    I agree. I have an old 2004 (I think) MX1000, which I love. If the G700 wasn't $39.99 at my local Computer Store for Boxing day I would not have purchased it. Actually I haven't opened it as yet. Still used to the MX1000. The MX is cradle rechargeable with a DPI of 1000, which is really all you...
  5. L

    Best wireless mouse

    Picked up my G700 today on a Boxing Day Sale for $39.99. Only used for a few hours but, at that price, I'm very pleased.:)
  6. L

    Batman: Arkham City Performance Preview @ [H]

    Plays quite smoothly on my rig with DX 11 at Ultra but gets annoyingly jerky, at times. I moved back to DX 9 and really don't see much difference.:)
  7. L

    So why is IPS considered so much superior to TN?

    Its not just the owners who claim that IPS is superior to TN but the Reviewers. You can purchase a Ferrari or a Mustang. Both will get you from Point A to B, if that's all you want. However, the people, who can afford it, also want to travel in style.:D;)
  8. L

    Dell U2311H

    This is real great deal for the U2311 for today only. $219 CDN http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors_Flat_Panel_Widescreen/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-9270
  9. L

    24" 16:10 vs 27" 16:9 for gaming

    Only you can answer that question. I have a 24 inch 16:10 and find it great all round monitor. Buy from a shop which has a good return policy and try both types. Personally I prefer PC gaming 1900X1200. But Console gaming is all 1920X1080.
  10. L

    how is the Asus PA246Q vs dell u2410?

    Read the two latest Reviews at Hardware Canucks. cannot put the url cause the forum rejects it. They are good Reviews. The Asus edges out the Dell U2410. I have a Dell U2410, which I use professionally and for gaming and movies. it more than suits my purpose. I purchased it brand new for $350...
  11. L

    Best monitor from these two local stores

    Best gaming monitor of the lot IMO is the BenQ XL2410 http://www.frys.com/product/6417522?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG Has a 120 HZ refresh rate, is 3D ready and made for professional gamers. It meets your parameters and is available from Frys.
  12. L

    1920x1200 worth the upgrade?

    Not only would you have to pay for 3 X 1920X1200 monitors but also get a beefier video card, and those don't come cheap. :)
  13. L

    "New"-IPS overrated?

    If you are willing to "look past the faults of TN panel design for that one important feature" then I'm willing to look past the faults of IPS panel for color accuracy, which I need in my job. That's why I have the U2410. Gaming and surfing are secondary. The 120Hz 23.6 inch TN are not cheap...
  14. L

    Choosing monitor for gaming and overall use

    The LG W2442PE-bf appears like a nice monitor for your needs. It has good ratings and is available for $190 CDN in Vancouver. It can work in portrait mode also. The reason I liked the Benq is because of the inputs. I could connect my PS3 and 360 because of the two HDMI inputs. Plus it costs...
  15. L

    27" IPS with 1920x1200

    Not that I'm aware of.
Back
Top