• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Lahn

  1. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Well let's talk about some more helpful here! Do you guys mind sharing your parameters for your model? With my S2240M, I'm using the multimedia preset with brightness @45 and contrast @70. On the paper, the contrast should be a little higher, but I lowered it a little for my eyes comfort...
  2. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    I have tried that Lagom test posted earlier on my S2240M and well... What are you supposed to see if there's some PWM flickers...? I made a friend tried that test and he said one of testing screens was making his monitor flashing like crazy. I guess if I'm asking the question, there wasn't...
  3. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    I picked the 21.5" for that reason. Unfortunately I haven't seen the 23" version... If you're like me, obsessed with the pixel pitch, stick with 21.5". I personally feel 21.5" is big enough and at that price which may even go lower during the holidays, you may pick a second one!
  4. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    First link is not good, it's only for monitor up to 23". 2nd one is fine. Vesa is a standard. It's four screws really, nothing complicated about that.
  5. L

    eye strain and headache with u3011

    Did you enter your zip code? Then you can go into the settings and set it how you like it. The default settings are a little extreme, but the more you get used to it, the more you're pushing it. @Globox You're using it too? I was quite doubtful about that program but after a few days...
  6. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Surprise!!! It does look just the same as the 2240M! Just a little bit bigger! You can see that only bottom part is not edge to edge, I doubt this makes any difference about the reflections. With this monitor, you just don't want any window in your back, that's it. But who sets his monitor like...
  7. L

    eye strain and headache with u3011

    What was your previous monitor? Are you sure having a one big single monitor is the right choice for you? I know wouldn't be able to do some text / excel work on a 30"... I think a dual monitor setting is best for that kind of use. I like to work in the evening or night time, I use a...
  8. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    $138 for this kind of monitor is an awesome deal! I highly doubt it can get lower than that. If you like glossy monitor, you'll love it! Just open one!
  9. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Hrm, I think the only true difference about that is on mine there is no glass on the bottom part. But the top part is edge to edge. Do you want a picture where it's turned off? I mean I can reproduce those catastrophic reflections pictures.
  10. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Ok, I'm not a photograph... This model is the Dell S2240M. With Flash on par lahnlynn, sur Flickr SS2240M_HF par lahnlynn, sur Flickr No flash par lahnlynn, sur Flickr This was taken around 5pm so yes, there's not so much light, but I have a lamp on the ceiling. Ok so obviously you can...
  11. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    @alexW It's all about your personal preferences. I'm quite impressed with the black on my S2240M... Got no complain on that part. The gamma and the colors are just amazing. If only it didn't have that overdrive issue... I still feel like it's an outstanding monitor for the price.
  12. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    @equinox654 It's noticeable only in very specific actions I'd say... I guess it also depends on which game you're playing. In Diablo 3, your character "flickers" if you're hitting something. Kinda hard to explain. If you're always in motion, I don't think you can notice it. I'm wondering if...
  13. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Update on S2240M : Ok, this is true, there's quite a bit of overdrive... I don't see it with the mouse cursor though, but in game yes... I'm going to wait a couple of days, see if I can get used to it or not...
  14. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Oh wow, the tri monitor setting looks fabulous, for realz. I just installed mine and I'm really happy!!! Right now because the forum has a black background I can see a little bit of reflection but it's really not bad. It's a little more than what I get with my laptop display but not a lot...
  15. L

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    Ah. I actually checked the manual before ordering so I knew it only came with a VGA cable! :D Make a picture and show us how it looks like! They seem to be the perfect monitors for that kind of setting.
Back
Top