Recent content by L0o0ky

  1. L

    "Overclocking Failed" - Core 2 Duo E6600 + P5W DH Deluxe

    Asus motherboards will often report that an "overclock failed" for several reasons that do NOT involve overclocking. I've had those messages after power outages, hard locks where you have to hold down the power button for 5 sec's and turning off the power while the system is booting (like say...
  2. L

    E6700 and Multitasking

    You might also want to make sure that you aren't running the JMicron controller drivers etc.. Some people have been running into problems with those drivers. I found that the sound performance was pretty low when the system was under load. Just for fun I threw in a SBLive and things got...
  3. L

    Bad CPU?

    The first thing I would try--if possible is another set of RAM. I had the very same issue with the P5B deluxe wifi & OCZ RAM and it all came down to the RAM. I pulled 1 stick, and left only 1 stick in the first slot. As it turns out, it would boot. Swapped out that stick for the other, and...
  4. L

    Asus P5W DH Owners

    There are a few things that are often overlooked when hooking up drives. Make sure the CDROM/HD isn't set up as slave with no master. Some HD's have a jumper setting for master/single, master with slave present, slave and CS. In some configurations, a BIOS will take an extra couple of...
  5. L

    Anyone Else noticing Sluggish Multitasking?

    Gotta say, I'm just not seeing this sluggish behavior. I fired up BF2 with all the settings on high and alt-tabbed out and started surfing... Fired up firefox, IE, and went out to apple's website and started watching the 720p version of a trailer. No change in browsing speed...
  6. L

    About processor speeds...

    Read this first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_Myth
  7. L

    ocz Stinks :(

    Well, To recap: I have two sticks of ocz2g8002gk and the P5B deluxe wifi. One stick would post, the other one would not. I did a bit of playing around yesterday with the beta bios 607 and 609 and here's what I found. Both versions of the beta bios WORK with the stick that would not...
  8. L

    ocz Stinks :(

    I've got a mixed bag myself... I have 1 stick that works, 1 that won't. I'm RMA'ing the one that won't post. I'm also probably going to try some beta versions of the BIOS (Asus P5B deluxe WIFI) that are out there since they are supposed to fix incompatibilities with OCZ RAM. YMMV
  9. L

    ocz Stinks :(

    what voltage are you running that RAM on and what motherboard are you using? not to mention FSB's, etc...
  10. L

    My core 2 duo is running at 40c...

    Well, it will all depend on your ambient temps, what kind of cooling, and whether you up voltages etc... My 6600 is putting along happily at 310 fsb--stock cooling, stock voltages. Now as far as the temps go, it idles around 37C when my ambient temps are ~ 68F. When the day gets hotter...
  11. L

    Core 2 question

    Well, it probably depends on whether they expect the stuff to melt and fill in the gaps. When you take one large roughly flat surface and put it against another and apply heat, it is easy to end up with a trapped air bubble. I've taken dozens of heatsinks off to discover large portions of...
  12. L

    should i wait longer?

    Part of the problem is that may people heard the $319 figure a long time back. They got confused and thought it was a MSRP even though it was probably OEM and by trays of 1000. A lot of people are still hoping to get their orders at around $339. Not many companies out there are really...
  13. L

    should i wait longer?

    Well, the question is, how much are you hoping to spend, and how much are you willing to spend.
  14. L

    should i wait longer?

    It also depends on what your price-point is. At what $$ value do you consider buying the proc. Personally, I felt it was worth the $25 extra I spent (had one on backorder for really cheap) to get one shipped to me.
  15. L

    Any one get their E6600 pre order from Buy.com?

    Well, I finally gave up on the whole buy.com thing. I do have to give them some credit, I did get some replies from them when I emailed--unlike most of the other places charging <$370. I went ahead and tried this place...
Back
Top