Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
It works both ways - no SW no HW need - no HW nothing to dev SW on
And now they skirt any/all concerns of that (so to speak) by going "look how we foster and support open source stuff we don't dev ourselves"
I think it's more Nvidia doesn't want to tie their hardware to someone else's/another company's software (incase they go bust or whatever) so they wanted a software (and what's better than 1 SW is a SW repository of many SW you don't even have to really maintain as it's open source) of their own...
Put a giant radiator on the right outer/flat side of the case, rig up and mount the GPUs to use the case as heatsink, cook eggs on the 'shelves' or keep your coffee warm 👍
She's kinda like the female German version of Eric Weinstein (even though he's a mathematician), 'the rogue outsider' - her field was in quantum gravity and modifying GR
(Edit: and like Weinstein I mean they're both critical of current lock-in/group-think with...
Now with freesync/gsync as well, for single player games, I'm willing to let FPS fall below 60 to at least/most what the baseline of my monitors freesync/gsync range is (48FPS)
I don't really do 'retro' systems - I just hold onto my previous builds and use them for HTPC/alt-server/testing OSs/play around things that I can't take offline for/to do with my main rig or main server (unless then rolling out to 'production')
But my 'now' previous build (currently HTPC) has...