Recent content by KonaKona040

  1. K

    What's a good backup program for Linux?

    Borg is good. But it's all terminal based. No idea about graphical frontends. I just run the script to back up and prune. If I need something I run a command to mount the backup as a FUSE filesystem, browse as normal.
  2. K

    Where did Oscar Wu go after DFI?

    Mystery solved! Thank you.
  3. K

    Where did Oscar Wu go after DFI?

    Title says it all. Curious minds want to know.
  4. K

    Occasional System File Corruption 7950X

    Run ycruncher VT3 on loop if you think it's a stability issue.
  5. K

    Microsoft engineers pitch for Windows handheld mode

    Surprised Microsoft is interested in this, handhelds have a lot less screen real estate for ads. Though it would be quite funny if they had to fix most of the major issues with 11 to make this work.
  6. K

    3/4 birch plywood desktop, good enough for dual 32" monitor arms?

    I'd go for half inch and add a bit of bracing underneath, probably cheaper than a full tabletop of 3/4.
  7. K

    Digital Fairness Act (EU)

    Here's hoping it does what it says, I still have the "marketing rental NZXT computers to kids playing Fortnite" burned into my brain.
  8. K

    The Post Your Old/Retro Builds Thread

    The great ones did 100% but practically all of the cheaper chips would do 50%+. Intel had tons of headroom on them and the boards usually had FSB headroom too. Good times.
  9. K

    The Post Your Old/Retro Builds Thread

    Retro is a state of mind, unlocked multiplier and locked bus overclocking doesn't feel retro to me. It will undoubtedly be 15 years old either way. I really need to amass a small collection of 775 CPUs to play with. They might be too slow to run anything new but they'll always be fun to tweak.
  10. K

    y-cruncher VT3, How many cycles / hours should I run it to consider my OC stable?

    Late reply, but I've personally found that ycruncher's benchmarks will fail immediately if I have any memory instability. I've seen people talk about how AM5 CPUs can take hours to show instability but my 3000 will immediately fail out the longer benchmarks. If I can pass the longer benchmarks...
  11. K

    Cleaned my TRUE Copper after 17 years.

    Now to find someone with a machine shop to make a secufirm II mount adapter for it.
  12. K

    Anyone remember DFI Lan Party Motherboards?

    ^^^ Overpaid like crazy for the 875 version of that board on my first build. I miss it now, not because it was particularly good but because I'll take the UV plastics over RGB any day. Someone could bring it back on some cheap matx board and get a ton of publicity, maybe start selling UV LEDs.
  13. K

    Intel CEO admits 'I've bet the whole company on 18A'

    Nvidia has always been fabless, they could get chips made on GloFo if they really wanted. Not good ones...
  14. K

    just wanted to touch on the ol' terminal discussion

    Biggest problem I have in the GUI is knowing what the name is for the application that does the commands I know in the terminal. But they can be largely avoided now.
  15. K

    Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

    Got my 3950X, didn't get a $30 discount on my B450 motherboard :( But a good day none the less.
Back
Top