Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Sorry, took me a while to reply..
Problem solved. I took 5 different sets of memory from work with me (i work at a computer store, w00t) as well as a new mainboard. Since none of the sticks worked, i replaced the board and now everthing works fine. :)
Hi there
I have the above mentioned Mainboard and a kit of CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 getting a complete hang before posting with the dram led on the Mainboard lighting up, and the post message on the ROG display stopping at "detecting memory".
I tried swapping the modules here and there, made a bios...
Still no luck, tried getting right up to 230 or 240, doesn't post. Tried ram timings to 2.5 instead of 3, doesn't post either. (and both of course)
I also havn't been able to find a newer bios yet, but i'll keep searching. Maybe theres a modded one that might fix my problem
I tried dropping it to 3 and 4, with the same result. weird stuff
my MSI-board number is MS-7100, for this board only the 1.7 exists. I don't think the bios' from the k8n neo4 platinum will work, since they have a different product number.
Whats your power supply?
Chieftec 465 Watt
Whats your HSF?
Zalman 7000 full copper
Whats your CPU multi?
9x, and i could lower it
Whats your memory brand and speed / timing rating
Corsair 3200C2, 2x512 on dual channel, fastet would be 2-3-3-6-T1
Whats your mobo brand?
MSI K8N...
Need help here, i'm a noob in OC'ing, but this thing just won't do anything :P
The first thing i tried was turning down everything
HT to 3x
Ram to 166mhz (where can i set the ratio anyway? i read about that everywhere but can't find the setting)
Timings to 3-4-4-8
All spread spectrums...