I've checked out the motherboard and found it met my needs in most cases, so i'm now considering buying it, thanks :)
For a case, the Corsair 800D is a nice looking case, it's also very roomy (for doing the watercooling I wish to do at a later stage) but a bit pricey, is there any other...
2 x http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=28259&category_id=938&manufacturer_id=0&tid=tr3x6g1600c9 for my RAM.
The i7 960 I got for a decent price, a little bit more than the 920, but nothing I would complain about.
The budget isn't really a problem as such, I can afford...
I'm not sure how experienced you are with computers, but i'll ramble on anyway:
Whenever I start a new rig, i'll always make sure to partition my computer with at least -
A C: partition for windows (the windows partition)
A D: partition for data (files etc)
A third partition for programs.
When...
http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=32073&tid=frooct
Here's one link I could find.
I haven't run any hardware on it yet and was actually thinking of just replacing the PSU - I just got it from a trade to cut costs, but obviously dont want to risk any hardware on it, definately...
As you have defragmented, this would cut things down to possibly being RAM or general sluggishness through clutter.
Have you tried a pc cleanup, using programs such as CCleaner? doing some disk checks also could help a bit, ironing out all the little bumps in the system, uninstalling some old...
If I have to be truthful, the PSU is... a let down at the moment, I took the offer of a cheap trade to let me focus my budget elsewhere right now, the temporary PSU is a CIT 750W PSU.
For the motherboard, as I am looking to watercool, it would be nice if I could at least waterblock the CPU and...
It could be a multiple of factors, can you describe the slowness in a little more depth?
Is it occuring when you are opening a program?
Is there lagging when scrolling down a webpage?
When moving a window, does the lagg occur then?
If you can notice when this is happening, we can help resolve...
I'm a computer security enthusiast currently sourcing parts for a new penetrations testing rig, the build will be a high end machine and most of the hardware has been purchased already. The purpose of the rig is to run several virtual machines at once when I'm working and also act as a good...