Recent content by kilmar

  1. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    You can't PiP or PbP with DVI and VGA. Same thing with the 2000FP, 2001FP, 2005FPW. I believe it is because DVI and VGA both use the same processing chip in the monitor.
  2. K

    2405

    if you have doubts, don't buy it. The grainy effect comes from scaling a 720x480 (DVD quality) onto a 1920x1200 screen. If you play a 720p or 1080i video, you wouldn't see any issues. There are ways to counter the grainy effect (some applications can upscale the video). Games are jaw...
  3. K

    A word about playing HL2 on a 2405FP...

    Too bad NVidia SLi have problems with widescreen resolutions that haven't been resolved yet. HL2 and CS:S also plays silky smooth for me on my 2405FPW @ 1920x1200 2xAA 16xAF Specs: Intel P4 EE 1 GB PC4200/533 ATi X850 XT PE The 2405FPW is not for everyone. If your specs can handle...
  4. K

    2405

    Can't help you with the coupon, but if you check the humongous thread about he 2405, you'll see many people who commented on the display. In general, those who have the 2405 love it, and those who don't have no idea what they are missing. Bottom line: BUY IT
  5. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Dead pixel has a pixel that shows 0 color and is completely lacking luminence. A pixel is actually made up of 3 colors: red, blue and green. A bad subpixel is when one or more of the three colors are bad and can only be notice in certain color backgrounds. This is why pixel testing should be...
  6. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    I have the game, and the 30% increase in resolution is beautiful. I play HL2 and CS:S quite often (2+ hours a day) and there is no trade-off by lowering the AA when playing in 1920x1200 (I keep AF at 16x). at 1920x1200, there's very little difference between 4xAA and 2xAA. Granted, that I am...
  7. K

    why are people head over heels about the 2405?

    gaming - Everything I've played on 1920x1200 resolution have been buttery smooth with max detail (HL2, CS:S, UT2K4, Freedom Force: The Third Reich, etc..). I turned off AA since it unecessary at that res. Granted, I have an X850 XT PE, but I'm sure many of the newer video cards out there can...
  8. K

    who has there 2405?

    Just FYI, I was just having a little fun at your expense pikawel. All in good jest ;)
  9. K

    who has there 2405?

    Pikawel is right. The color are way off. Luckily, there's a very complicated and not well known fix for this. Not many people would know how to do the fix since they lack the mental capacity to realize the complexity of it. However, since I am such a nice guy, I will tell you step by step the...
  10. K

    who has there 2405?

    Look in the BIIIIIIG thread regarding the 2405. Mine and other people's pics and reviews are in there.
  11. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    I saw the same broken bolt from the Japanese website, and quite frankly, I don't perceive it happening often. It's pretty darn sturdy to me.
  12. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    It can go down 2" or so more. At the lowest position, it's around 2 1/2" off my desk.
  13. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Nothing of note really. If I looked hard enough, I could. However, nothing noticeable unless I really look for them (i.e. power lines in HL2).
  14. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Link is fixed. And yes, I suck at photography.
  15. K

    Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

    Well, the monitor is installed, and boy is it a MONSTER Let me just bulletpoint some items of note: * Monitor has been on 2+ hours (enough to warm up) and there is no noticeable blacklight leakage *WOOHOO*! * 0 dead pixels (using "Dead Pixel Buddy" software Benchmark Machine: P4...
Back
Top