A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Just got the case home and unboxed it.
Wow. I am blown away.
At first inspection, this is without a doubt one of the best-built and most versatile cases I've ever owned, easily on par with the nicest Lian-Li. The thought that went into the design (from an enthusiast's POV) is second to...
Quick follow-up post from a few pages back - you folks looking to buy from Microcenter that are concerned about the price might like to know that they now match NewEgg. They won't match Amazon, but they will match the Egg. YMMV, but that is the case in both Georgia locations.
It arrived today...and I refused shipment and sent it back without even opening it.
Obviously, I'm not even going to waste my time opening that with it beat to crap like that. I'll wait and get a new one when we have a batch that doesn't get beat up during shipping.
I'd like...
From what I'm seeing (both online and in my own testing), you're seeing temps in line with other people. I'm running 3.8Ghz, on a MCP350 feeding a Swifty MCR320, cooling my I7 and a GTX280.
My idles are in the low 30's, and mid-60's at load.
When I was testing at 4Ghz, I was seeing as high as...
Went by BB for two days looking at this thing and finally decided to pull the trigger on Friday at lunch - damn, am I glad I did. It's a steal at $1250.
I did a wipe and reinstall after making a driver backup. I might be doing a drive/CPU/RAM upgrade in the next couple of weeks, but I'm...
Ooops. Forgot to note that I had done that.
I think my problem is mostly ambient temps and the voltage I'm running. We've had a spate of warm weather here in Atlanta - with the air conditioner back on, I'm back to low 50's at load.
Yeah, I just read that myself, and was coming back to point you to that. I'll use them till they crap out, and hopefully I'll have some suggestions from here on what to keep in stock for when they die.
105, eh...sucky. That has to present some challenges for cooling a PC. My old boss in Az...
Well, that went horribly wrong, somewhere.
I ended up with a Swiftech MCR320 QP radiator, just waiting on my grill at the moment. I also played around with the Q6600. Damn, I know what you folks meant about quad cores and heat now. I'm still tweaking the voltages for stable at 3.6Ghz, and I'm...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you start running into diminishing returns on the Thermochills around 70CFM?
If that's the case, why go with the 120x38's (90CFM)? That's going to be a very tall rad/fan assembly.I use the SilenX 120x25 fans (72CFM, 14dBA) and I've got nothing bad to say...