Recent content by kevinf28

  1. K

    Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

    Sorry for the late reply, didn't have email notifications enabled. Direct from Dell website, they have deals occasionally and free shipping / 10% off coupons. Pretty simple, plug in the USB cable to the built-in hub and run the update util (windows app) from Dell support page. Power cycle the...
  2. K

    PCIE Bifurcation

    I had their USB 3.0 SDI (uncompressed video) capture adapter, and it worked pretty well (1080p60). I like how they provided a SHD connector to HDMI cable for this m.2 adapter... wouldn't be hard to mount. :)
  3. K

    AMD Threadripper Gooseberry HEDT World Record? - [H]

    Apparently you can install Blender on Linux. I wanted to run this BM but I only have 16GB of RAM... I am curious how it compares. Also if Ramdisk / NVME can improve it any. Really a shame you cant OC just one CCX to say, 4.4ghz and leave the rest at 4. Does it really scale that well ?? 14 cores...
  4. K

    Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

    Last one my old employer paid for. I got a new job, no seniority. Bought 2nd one out of pocket ! Compared to my shortlist (Wasabi Mango UHD400/30, LG 43UD79-B).... I really appreciate the 3 year warranty. ZERO dead pixels guaranteed. Easy returns/service (direct through Dell). On sale for $1000...
  5. K

    Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

    LG has joined in, https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/01/lg-4k-43ud79-b-monitor-four-displays-in-one-panel/ Thoughts?
  6. K

    Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

    While it wasn't the most enjoyable API to work with, it does everything I wanted it to. RS-232 serial management bash scripts to control the PBP and input switching under Linux.. pretty easy to port to Windows if you know what your doing...
  7. K

    Dell 43 Ultra HD 4K Multi Client Monitor – P4317Q

    I have had this monitor for about a month now. Despite a few flaws, it is AMAZING. I do embedded hardware/software engineering, and I constantly swap out different prototype devices (hdmi, dvi, vga). Previously with 1 monitor with many inputs, or 2 monitors, I would have to keep switching...
  8. K

    PCIE Bifurcation

    I would think this is a pipe dream. I believe they are dumb switches to start. Further to that, the byte encoding is different, so a re-encode would kill latency. find PCI_Express on wikipedia, the History_and_revisions section shows the encoding and their bandwidth differences. However...
Back
Top