• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by kerriobrown

  1. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    I'm guessing I can find this command using Cygwin XTerm but do you think I should setup linux as an OS instead? Would there be a difference? On that note, I have Windows 7 on a dual-boot setup. I'm wondering if it's worth a shot trying to access from there. I'm guessing it makes no difference...
  2. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    xxcopy had the same problem as opening My Computer, the computer just grinds to a halt. There's gotta be some way to keep it from constantly trying to access the corrupted drive on all cylinders, or at least wait until I ask it to do so. My assumption at this point is that it's done for, which...
  3. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    By the way, thanks for trying to help! I'd assumed I'd get "it's dead, give up.". That would be fine if true but the fact that I get 1 minute of activity and file recovery makes me think there has to be a way to get that 30MB of files I need. Kerrio
  4. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    I know the exact path to the folder which is on desktop (I don't know the names of the files inside). But I can't just access them by clicking on the corrupted drive on a working computer because the drive either doesn't show up in My Computer even after the freeze, or it shows up but just...
  5. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    - What are the specs of the system that you're using to extract the data from? XP 32 bit Home Edition Ver. 2 SP3, Pentium 4 3.4 GHz, 3GB DDR2 RAM - Which specific (brand/model) HDD are you trying to "recover"? Western Digital Cavier WD1600 Serial ATA - Which recovery program are you...
  6. K

    Q- Optimizing Hard Drive Freezer Method

    I have a corrupt hard drive that I've tried using the freezer trick with but there are a couple of obstacles that seem to be keeping the time window I have from being used optimally. My guess is there's nothing can be done but I thought I'd at least put them out there in case they stirred any...
Back
Top