Recent content by Kepakiano

  1. K

    CUDA and render machine with four graphics cards

    Ah, you're right, of course. Hm, okay, so the decision is between the Asus and the Gigabyte board...
  2. K

    CUDA and render machine with four graphics cards

    *facepalm* I just checked: The boards I posted only support three-way SLI, hence the board suggested by Dangman (Asus P9X79 WS) is probably the way to go. Too bad^^
  3. K

    CUDA and render machine with four graphics cards

    @Dangman: Okay, I reread the complaints about the boards carefully and have decided that I won't buy one of these. Thanks for the warning! And as Skillz mentions.... x16 is not even needed! Wow, I didn't know the memory bandwidth of the GTX 780 was limited to 6Gbps...
  4. K

    CUDA and render machine with four graphics cards

    @Dangman: 1) Okay, thanks anyway 2) Hm... so I would have to buy PCIe risers to be able to use these cards. If I won water cooled cards with this approach, it would probably be worth the trouble. 3) The P9X79 WS only features PCIe 3.0 with x8/x8/x8/x8 lanes if four cards are connected :/ Are...
  5. K

    CUDA and render machine with four graphics cards

    Hi there, I'm building a system that should be able to render to twelve monitors with a resolution of 1400x1050 pixels each and serve as a CUDA machine. The system will run on linux. My idea was to put four graphics cards into it so that each card provides for three displays. I thought of...
Back
Top