• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by kavvika

  1. K

    Retrieving key from Windows 7

    Right-click Computer, select Properties. Should be at the bottom under "Windows activation."
  2. K

    New B&W MM-1 computer speakers and other options

    Sorry, I don't know much about Dynaudio. I just figured they outsourced like is so common now and noticed the design looked similar to HiVi's drivers. Thanks for clearing that up though; I don't like supporting companies that copy others' designs. While hooking up those Dynaudios to a sub...
  3. K

    New B&W MM-1 computer speakers and other options

    It looks the MC-15's use ~$150 Dynaudio tweeters and the same $70 6" HiVi woofers that Swan uses in their D2.1 speakers, so at least the drivers are in line with the price. However, for $1,200 I'm sure you could piece together something better (although bigger if a receiver were to be used) or...
  4. K

    Win 7 total size

    Windows 7 Ultimate: OS Partition= 19.9 GB free of 29.2 GB ~9.3 GB :confused:
  5. K

    Thinking about buying a 22-23" monitor

    Dell 2209wa for $225 shipped. Check out the last few pages of this thread for how to get it at that price.
  6. K

    Looking for decent 2.1 set

    Lowest you're going to get for $350 new: eD A2-300 http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=407 20hz Hsu STF-2 http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-2.html 25hz Anything you can pick up by Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Denon... You should be able to find an Onkyo SR50x or SR60x...
  7. K

    Looking for decent 2.1 set

    If your MB has optical out: Harman Kardon AVR135 or similar used receiver: ~$120 Energy RC-10: $279 Energy ESW-V8:$225
  8. K

    Best 2.1 for less than $100?

    I had a Logitech Z-4, luckily I was able to sell it for more than I paid for it. I'm not a fan of "computer" speakers anymore. Without going with a receiver and passives, your best bet would be a Swan M10 or d1080mkII. If your budget is set at exactly $100, you could try picking up a...
  9. K

    Control Pod?

    I was going to suggest the Griffin Powermate, but it doesn't have any 3.5mm jacks. That Mackie BigKnob looks pretty sweet, though.
  10. K

    polk monitor 40 help

    VSX-519 is a solid choice. It's their current model, you'll have to buy it new. There's one for $169 with free shipping (plus 8% bing cashback) on ebay. It has HDMI, S/PDIF, and binding posts so you should be set, and you can't beat getting a warranty. Do a quick review search on amazon and...
  11. K

    polk monitor 40 help

    I have a H/K AVR 135 on the way should be here by the weekend. I love the way they look, with the light-up volume dial and two tone black and silver faceplace. If you need optical in, you must buy a AVR multi-channel receiver; the only recent two-channel H/K receiver than has optical in is the...
  12. K

    polk monitor 40 help

    Either pair of terminals, just make sure the jumper bar is connected. The two terminals are there for bi-wiring or bi-amping. Yeah, there's a few that should be superior to Monitor 40's. I have a pair of 30's, and while they're pretty good party speakers (cheap, efficient, and bright) I...
  13. K

    Best bang for buck PC speakers?

    Keep in mine that the M10 woofer is actually a midwoofer, and meant to go between the two satellites, on your desk. Which is why it has the volume and bass knobs on it. It won't go as low as a dedicated subwoofer, maybe to the mid-40's, but either of the Swans will give you much better bang...
  14. K

    Best bang for buck PC speakers?

    Swan d1080 or M10. Don't think you can do better for under $120.
  15. K

    In need of help finding speakers

    If you have $300 to spend on just a pair of bookshelves, Energy RC-10's are hard to beat. If you mean your budget is split between a receiver and speakers, then try to find a used Onkyo SR50x or Harman Kardon AVR 135/145/154 on ebay for around $100 (it can be done: I paid $59 for my Onkyo SR500...
Back
Top