• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by kasakka

  1. K

    LG and others spying on you

    Agreed. Apple TV is probably the best option at this point, but at least personally I'm waiting until they release a new version of that box as the current one is fairly old. Using a PC for streaming services is absolutely a worse experience for some services. Some don't support e.g above...
  2. K

    TCL Ink Jet printed OLED monitors

    I haven't been following those. What's the problem?
  3. K

    LG 48C6 OLED48C6PUA evo AI C6 4K Smart TV 2026

    This is how I use my LG CX 48". I use the streaming apps but have my router blocking the known LG domains. When Apple releases a new Apple TV, I'm likely to pick one up to replace the TV's streaming apps. I'm curious if there's a difference in the EU vs US for this crap. GDPR would likely be a...
  4. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    I'm surprised we actually have 5-6K 16:9 high refresh rate monitors now. 8K panels are going to be that extra bit harder to make and manufacturers probably still feel that those are meant for large TVs. Even though they make no sense when you can't see pixels even at 4K at sofa viewing...
  5. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    Yes it would, but so far no Samsung display has supported this. PbP is always 120 Hz, no VRR or HDR.
  6. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    That's not how any of it works. No applications "assume" any projection regarding the physical characteristics of the display. The curve exists to bring the sides closer to you on a display that is very wide, so when sitting at the center looking at the sides looks about the same as looking at...
  7. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    This also highlights how bad this monitor is for speaker placement. I have my big Genelecs on poles behind my desk, raised above the display and tilted down. If I were to put them to the sides, the stereo image would be excessively wide and will sound weird. I ran into this problem already on...
  8. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    I think it would be unusable without the curve even if it was an OLED panel. It's so wide that at a sensible viewing distance for effectively two 32" 4K displays, using the sides of the screen would be just awkward to use. I used to have my LG CX 48" mounted at 1m distance, and I used it like...
  9. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    To me a superultrawide that is not curved would be a terrible product. If anything, I wish this had an even tighter 800R curve to it. I've had TN panels even at laptop size where I was moving my head like an owl because even minor position shifts make the colors go out of whack. I've had VA...
  10. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    It's a VA panel so it's not going to have perfect viewing angles. I don't find this to be a real issue in everyday use.
  11. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    If you don't do gaming on it, you can run it off probably most reasonably modern GPUs just fine.
  12. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    Yeah that seems to be the chip that works the best. Some vendors offer some customized firmware to make it more compatible with Macs somehow. For example CableMatters adapter has such a firmware you can install but that might make it work less well on Windows.
  13. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    I don't have a 50 series GPU so can't test 240 Hz in the first place at native res. I also don't use my G95NC at all with Windows at this point. I do my gaming from the sofa with my LG CX 48" and for everything else use the Samsung as a desktop display. So unfortunately I cannot say. It could...
  14. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    I just used the free MS Powertoys because I mostly just want to have fixed window placement areas rather than try to make virtual monitors. You can build overlapping zones too. On MacOS I use MacsyZones. It's a bit buggy, but I like it. There's tons of other window management programs with...
  15. K

    Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

    I had the Samsung CRG9 at one point and you are totally right, the 57" is an upgrade in every way. The larger dual 32" 16:9 size and higher resolution are really nice. It's sharp enough to look good in MacOS too, even if it's a pain in the ass for HiDPI scaling without using two inputs. It...
Back
Top