Recent content by kartman_canada

  1. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    I was hoping that somebody might be able to summarize some things for me... I've tried to read this thread and search accordingly but the info/comments I'm looking for seem to be all over and often disputed. :( Basically, I have an Areca 1680ix-16 card and ARC-8026 expander in a separate...
  2. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    The card is ARC-1680ix-16. My HDD pwer mgt settings were unchanged from what came out of the box. I've updated them to match yours to see what happens. I'll have to research these parameters though as copied them with looking into what I was changing and why. No chassis per se... all the...
  3. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    OK… I’m almost ready to give up on this RAID card… So, I decided to removed the Seagate drives from my array and replace them with Hitachi HDS722020ALA330. I received the new drives today and proceeded to plug them into my system. They appear as “FREE” immediately. I created a RAIDset… no...
  4. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    Further to my question above about Hitachi drives: Can anybody confirm that the following products will work correctly on my 1680ix-16 when connected directly via SATA fanout cables? HITACHI Deskstar HD32000 IDK/7K (0S00164) 2TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive...
  5. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    Thanx for the quick reply... I understood that you were talking about nitrobass. I specified that I had the 1680ix because it seemed unclear as to whether or not the Hitachi drive works correctly on my 1680ix versus the 1680x. My understanding is now that BOTH 1680ix and 1680x work fine with...
  6. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    OK... I have the 1680ix-16. Right now, the Seagate drives are connected directly to the card via SATA fanout cables. Is there a SATA drive (1.5Tb or 2.0Tb) that will work correctly with this card? :mad: Will my Seagate drives work correctly via a SAS expander? If so, what products would people...
  7. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    Is there a specific model of Hitachi 2Tb that the 1680ix-16 likes? Not to be picky but, if I go the route of scraping the Seagate drives, I want to be sure the result is good. thanx.
  8. K

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    MB: Supermicro X8ST3 CPU: Intel Xeon E5530 RAM: 24Gb RAID: Areca ARC-1680ix-16 (FW:1.48) OS: Win2003 x64 (Driver: STORPORT v6.20.15) Arrays: RAID0 --> 2 x WD1500ADFD-00NLR5 (FW: 21.07QR5) RAID5 --> 6 x ST31500341AS (FW: mix SD1A & CC1H) I'm sorry if I'm asking things already...
  9. K

    Eyefinity Configuration Suggestions

    OK... I'm new but I've been reading enough to realize that I might have an issue... I have one newer monitor (Dell U2410 - 1920x1200) that has a DP input and 2 older Samsung LCDs that are 1600x1200 panels. I recently got my Radeon 5870 card after much waiting. Before ordering I found...
Back
Top