Recent content by Kana

  1. K

    Sapphire 7950 (11196-19-20G)

    Hello, selling my 7950 purchased last Sept.--haven't been gaming as much as I wanted so hoping it'll find a better home. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7950-11196-19-20G-Lightly-Used-/121271169227?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 Thanks for viewing!
  2. K

    Borderlands Poll and question

    I was sold on the multiplayer, esp. since I could play on LAN (works through programs like Hamachi) not everyone in my gaming circle owns either a 360 or PS3, but everyone is spec'd to run borderlands on their respective rigs
  3. K

    PS3 question.

    The 80GB PS3 with software emulation is newer, in terms of hardware, than the 60GB with the full PS2 backwards compat. I have had no issue playing my PS2 games on the 80GB PS3 with the software emulation in the past year; so I would say the extra $50 or so you pay is well worth it. However, in...
  4. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    UPDATE *Received the last of my parts yesterday so I went ahead and put it together *Will have to clean up the wiring better when I get to it again *Ran Prime95, 3dmark, memtest86--all green *Side Fan makes a slight "screeching noise" on higher rpms--might move it to bottom of the case THANK...
  5. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    A few final questions before I order the motherboard and cpu: 1. What is the recommended method for connecting more case fans? I notice the motherboard has only 2 case fan connections. I am considering getting a power splitter cable for the sys fan connector rather than connecting fans...
  6. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    That's a very good point. Unfortunately, I do not have a Windows XP install disc A good nitpicking at that. Will do. Wouldn't hurt to get more value then, I suppose. -Yes -Yes -Yes Will there be a substantial time gap between the time the Release Candidate expires and the actual retail...
  7. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    Sure ____CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 920 Quad-Core Processor - Retail (Link) ~$170.00 ____Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard (Link) ~$75.00 ____(OPTION 1)COMBO Special X4 920 CPU + RC-690 Case: ~$199.00 (Link) ____(OPTION 2)COMBO Special CPU + Motherboard...
  8. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    Oh, I see where my wording went off--oops. I plan to replace each computer sooner or later with a new one. I was hoping to build at least 2 computers to put at home because they are quite old; this thread being about the 1st one. Oh wow. I guess I'll go with this. Thanks, I will...
  9. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    --Yeah, probably not. My goal is to replace the 4 computers in the living room used for workspace in order to also have gaming capability. It would be a waste to jump to i7 from Pentium3. Similar waste to build a $400 system unless it meets gaming demands. On the other hand, The E8400...
  10. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    Oh, alright. I'll make the leap to a quad core, putting the Q9550 on the list unless there's an objection. Should the motherboard stay, in this case? I also looked at the Gigabyte EP45-UD3L motherboard and am wondering what it has over the Gigabyte EP43 that was recommended to me. Is the...
  11. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    ---Oh, well for the most part, no one in my household will need that powerful a PC to use. Outside of web browsing(email, youtube), there isn't much the build would be used for. Arguably, a cheap $500 prebuilt from any B&M store would be enough to last 1-2, even 3, years. I originally planned...
  12. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    - Wow, thanks! - - - Oh, I mean the ability to play current games would be nice but I would much prefer less of an energy-hog. - Changed the RAM from 1066 to 800, would this reduce overall performance much? - Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon of replacing stock CPU coolers - Updated with...
  13. K

    First Time Build--The everyday PC

    ------ STATUS: __COMPLETE. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! __PICS added with recent post ------ Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to take the plunge and finally build my first computer. I'm still reading on the building guides and what to do after booting; in the meantime, I would like help picking out...
Back
Top