Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I actually didn't rewire the LEDs, but instead, just tied the wires together, completing the circuit.
Thanks for the suggestions, mage and dekard. I'm up on the second floor of a house that's not mine, though, and the walls are brick and the floor- there aren't lawns, here in the city of Sao...
I isolated the psu and can only get sporadic spurts of power, as indicated by the two fans. I also got some nice burning action where I rejoined two severed wires that connect to a couple front LEDs on the tower. May I have done something wrong, or is this indicative of a shot power supply?
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've removed the power supply and found a new battery for my voltmeter, so I can at least test the power supply itself, now.
I noticed that both computers get charged, actually. Most 120V electrical systems in Brazil just run on two wires, so they can't...
It put up a bit of a fight, but the fight's over a week since it began.
After having it shipped fragile from Canada to Brazil, I ran into two instances of it shutting off on me. Both times, seemingly random (no over-heating, quietly humming away, guarded behind its surge protector- low...