• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by kaaremai

  1. K

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    I'm very interested in the 25XW but it seems that you can't buy it anywhere in Europe? EDIT: HP Denmark just told me that they do not sell the 25xw in Denmark. Only the 24xw and 27xw. NCX: Do you know anything about the 24xw? Does it have the same good properties as its bigger siblings? 27...
  2. K

    24 inch 16:10 VA panel monitor, do they exist?

    Yes indeed it would. But OLED displays still has problems with the life time of the organic LED's, especially the blue LED. I wonder what happend to sonys prototype display made with normal LED's?
  3. K

    Glow free 1200x1920 monitors (24inch) ?

    I have just bought the U2415, and the glow is BAD. I cry whenever i turn on my old NEC 20WGX2 and see the deep great blacks and no glow that it produces. See my post about the exact same question here.
  4. K

    24 inch 16:10 VA panel monitor, do they exist?

    My story is pretty much the same. The NEC was also my first LCD going from a Viewsonic 19" CRT. For Mokkat and rabidz7: Unfortunately i don't have the space for a CRT monitor anymore so that is not an option :(
  5. K

    24 inch 16:10 VA panel monitor, do they exist?

    Yes, they both have terrible IPS glow and terrible black levels compared to my 8 year old NEC monitor. It amazes me quite a bit that it seems impossible to find a monitor today, 8 years later that is just as good as my 20wgx2. As it's impossible to find an IPS panel today with a polarizer...
  6. K

    24 inch 16:10 VA panel monitor, do they exist?

    I've been trying to find a successor to my NEC 20WGX2 monitor for a while now but it seems to be an impossible task. I have had the Acer 27 inch 144hz IPS and a Dell U2415H. They are both incredibly bad compared to my NEC. My dream monitor has the following specs: 24 inch 1920x1200...
  7. K

    Eizo Foris FS2735 with 144Hz IPS Panel, FreeSync and Blur Reduction

    Such a shame that they're not making it with G-sync.
  8. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    If you tried actually reading my post you would notice that i do not state anywhere that the panel is a low quality panel. neither do i state that my old NEC is a better gaming panel than this one, which of course it is not! Try reading my post again please.. Just because i have only made a...
  9. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    No, YOU are the troll here, misleading people to think that they'll get a good build quality for their 800$.. The truth is that the build quality (we're not talking the panel quality, but the monitor around it) is very bad. I have personally never seen such a bad build quality, not even on...
  10. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    It's actually the exact opposite! The retailer i used has a remarkable high score on all retailer review sites because they provide an HONEST service recovery model (they don't lie to their customers). They build their trust with their customers by telling things exactly the way they are. They...
  11. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    I must say 'Nay'.. For the high price the XB270HU simply falls short on so many accounts: - Extremely poor build quality: - Flimsy casing which feels like it can break by a gentle touch with your little finger - The panel sits so loose in the casing that you can push it...
  12. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    It was me who reported that ULMB suddenly just stopped working. I could enable it but it just didn't strobe the backlight. Now it suddenly works again. I have two other issues too: The first 5mm of the left side of the panel has a very noticable yellow/orange tint all the way from bottom...
  13. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    Yes, sadly you're right. I misread the news on tftcentral :( Then i'll wait and see if some of the other companies will make a monitor with this panel + g-sync with better build quality and quality control.. Compared to my old 20wgx2 this acer feels so flimsy and like it'll break in its seems...
  14. K

    Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

    I'm going to return mine after only one day in use. I have 9 pixels stuck on red, 3 dead pixels and the ULMB mode stopped working after a few hours. I also think the IPS glow and backlight bleed is way too much on this monitor: I contacted the dealer to start an RMA but they advised me to...
Back
Top