• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by k9wazere

  1. K

    Sapphire HD 7950 OC 3GB GDDR5 950 MHz Edition

    Why Sapphire, why? As well as having by far the most SKUs on the market (seriously, wth is up with the number of Sapphire cards?) you have to use the same product code for two totally different cards?! Must be a deliberate attempt to confuse consumers, I can't think of any other sane reason...
  2. K

    Which 7950 to buy? (Gigabyte WF3 or Sapphire 950 / Vapor-X)

    Thanks for the info. What makes the Sapphire VX better than the Giga or the Asus in your opinion?
  3. K

    Which 7950 to buy? (Gigabyte WF3 or Sapphire 950 / Vapor-X)

    My question is very much related, but slightly different: I'm after quiet. Not silence, but very quiet. I realise the primary purpose of a cooler is to stop the card overheating, but I cannot tolerate loud fans. I'm not going to over-volt. So any OC will be on stock volts only. I'm not...
  4. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Hmm. Makes me question whether I just got a dodgy unit, or if there are different models going to Europe vs the US. There was ghosting on mine, even in Portal 2, and although it didn't ruin my experience, it wasn't as good as my old IPS or my new IPS. I'd be very interested to hear what...
  5. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    The one I had was a 27" GW2750HM (bought in Europe, if that make any difference)
  6. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    All the reviews in the world amount to nothing when you have the screen in front of you, like I did. I used the prad.de ghosting test, which uses a red block on a grey background. It does this deliberately because this kind of transition isn't helped all that much be overdrive. And believe...
  7. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    In reality, not even close. The A-MVA Benq had worse ghosting than my 5 year old S-IPS by far. And it's night and day compared to the U2312HM I have now. Honestly, before trying AMVA, I used to think I couldn't live with IPS glow. Now I know that I truly can't live with AMVA, and the IPS...
  8. K

    Does Dell U2312HM not use PWM for brightness control?

    Quick update, the u2312hm that's now sitting on my desk does not have the "strobing" effect at all. I'm running at 15% brightness.
  9. K

    Does Dell U2312HM not use PWM for brightness control?

    CCFL is an entirely different kettle of fish tho, isn't it. As I understand it, CCFL does not switch off instantly. It remains glowing for several ms after the power is stopped. Making direct frequency comparisons not really useful?
  10. K

    LED backlight flicker

    I take it that all LED monitors tested thus far have discernible "pencil test" flicker? I've just tried it with the Benq GW2750 I'm about to return, and sure enough that gives a strobing effect. And it gives me massive eye strain.
  11. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Leaving RED set to 97, and BLUE at 87, I tried GREEN values from 97 down to 75. At 85 the the green tint was removed from both photos, but at a cost. Things that have no business being purple, light things like dead grass, or dark things like black pebbles, now all have a purple sheen. edit: I...
  12. K

    Anyone had a Dell monitor replaced? Did you have to send the old one back?

    In the UK at least, Dell delivered my replacement first, then the next day another guy came to take the old one back.
  13. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    Prad.de ghosting test results: http://youtu.be/86GwlOdxw2c Video taken on camera, and yes, I suck with cameras ;) Ghosting is a lot worse than my IPS. However, this is a synthetic test, and I was perfectly happy playing Portal 2 on the Benq. Fast paced FPS, however, I would think you...
  14. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    As I said, the camera exaggerates the effect a little. But yes, there is a green bias. I'm sorry :(
  15. K

    BenQ GW2x50(HM) thread.

    *The following photo is not 100% accurate and is just for illustration* The Benq is a lot better than the Philips at displaying black. It has less bleed (you can see a lot of bleed in the corners of my Philips, and the glow is nowhere near as bad. In reality, the Benq screen is very...
Back
Top