Recent content by K0m0d0

  1. K

    My new homelab Hyper V server

    Couple of weeks ago I ordered my home server with components listed below (delivery taking a long time because of CPU): Case: Bitfenix Phenom Micro-ATX (link) Motherboard: Asrock X99M Extreme4 (link) Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2630LV3 (link) Processor cooler: Noctua NH-U9S (link) Videocard: MSI...
  2. K

    My (hopefully) future virtual rig

    Thank you for the reply's, im probably going to buy the box as it stands in my first post. Though on your (Geiger) advice I have added Patriot Supersonic Xpress USB stick, does any of you maybe know if ESXi can work with USB 3.0 sticks? Once I buy the box I will keep you updated with the...
  3. K

    My (hopefully) future virtual rig

    Hi geiger, thank you for the reply. I have looked up the other motherboard you recommended, it is only a 20 euro difference where I'm going to buy it. Only when I look at the supermicro website ( Link ), it says SW RAID 0, 1, 1E, 10 support (does SW mean software?). But it does state having an...
  4. K

    My (hopefully) future virtual rig

    Greetings, I've been lurking the forums for quite some time (without registering, shame on me). After all the reading about virtualization I wanted to go and build my own whitebox. In my daily life I'm a sys admin at an energy corp in the netherlands, so introductions aside ill show what...
Back
Top