Recent content by Jzabi

  1. J

    GPU-z says Gigabyte GTX 660OC's clock speed higher than what it is supposed to be

    Well, we all can't be as well endowed as you. ;-) I was able to wrap my mind around the boost feature when reading reviews (keep in mind the last time I researched video cards was when the GTX 275 was the big thing), but learned about the kepler boost after this experience.
  2. J

    GPU-z says Gigabyte GTX 660OC's clock speed higher than what it is supposed to be

    Just as an update: I ended up bringing it back to microcenter and they let me exchange it for a MSI GTX 660 OC card. Everything has been fine so far with this card, and there has been no artifacting *knocks on wood*
  3. J

    GPU-z says Gigabyte GTX 660OC's clock speed higher than what it is supposed to be

    I did some reading and I may have answered my own question. http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide#post_17391119 Can anyone confirm that this is why it is being reported as 1149.7Mhz?
  4. J

    GPU-z says Gigabyte GTX 660OC's clock speed higher than what it is supposed to be

    The only thing I could think of is the Nvidia boost feature is going higher than 1098MHz.
  5. J

    GPU-z says Gigabyte GTX 660OC's clock speed higher than what it is supposed to be

    I have owned a Gigabyte GTX660OC (non ti) for a few days now. Tonight I encountered artifacts while playing Battlefield 3. I decided to run GPU-z and I see that the clock speed is higher than it is supposed to be. The card is supposed to be 1033MHz (1098Mhz boost). While playing Battlefield...
  6. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Do you have your OS on the SSD, just the game, or both? I was thinking the cheapest option is to get a smaller SSD and put BF3 and a few of my favorite games on it. Would I benefit from that, or do I NEED Windows on it too? (sorry, slightly off topic).
  7. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Haha pretty much. I used to be able to drop serious $ on my PC. I limited myself to $200 (well, $209 for this card). I have one last thing I want to do, which is to get a SSD. I have to say, a single 660 has me content so far. I had a bad experience with ATI years ago, I have always liked...
  8. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Well, I ended up buying a Gigabyte GTX 660 OC (the non-Ti version). It is everything I have ever wanted since upgrading my rig from a Core 2 Quad to an i5 3570k. I plan on getting another down the road to SLI for BF4. BF3 with most settings at high and a few on ultra has rarely dipped under 60fps.
  9. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Have you had any issues with artifacts? It seems like a lot of the reviews I have read, especially on the Gigabyte 7870, have had problems.
  10. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Looks like the 660 (not Ti) is the cheaper option, if that is the case. Down the road would I benefit from a GTX 660 SLI, especially for BF4? I've had this new rig for a few months now, and I feel like the GTX 275 is holding me back. (I miss the days of being able to drop big $ on my PC. A...
  11. J

    Budget Card for Battlefield 3 and 4

    Greetings everyone, I am looking for a video card to compliment an upgrade I did a few months ago (rig is in my signature). I am currently using a GTX 275. My wife and I are expecting our first child in September. I have allotted myself $200-$250 for a video card. I currently just play...
  12. J

    What should I upgrade first?

    I plan on doing (another) fresh install when Windows 8 comes out. SSD would be nice, but I am still holding off on it for a year or so. After a new graphics card I would like to upgrade my monitor. Right now I have two 21.5" screens. Would love to get a 27" monitor or two.
  13. J

    What should I upgrade first?

    Crap, I didn't know that. Well, guess I'll be installing all my games and programs again.
  14. J

    What should I upgrade first?

    Agreed. I didn't find out until afterwards that the LP version even exists.
  15. J

    What should I upgrade first?

    Well, I still have Vista 64 bit. I'm waiting until Windows 8 to upgrade the OS.
Back
Top