Recent content by jvinsepa

  1. J

    Are UV LEDs actually UV?

    I never could get a good UV effect with em. I have the Vantec Spectrum fan card which SAYS it has UV LEDs in it, but nothing in my case lights up with just this installed. I have to have my UV CCFLs on for everything to glow. The spectrum card looks like it has BLUE LEDs instead of UV...
  2. J

    Sony SDM-HS95P : Just arrived

    I noticed I had to set the color temp to "user". The default of 9300k, and the 6500k settings are intolerable (as with other monitors). I thought something was wrong with the monitor when I first got it because the colors were all off... so please change to the "user" settings before judging...
  3. J

    painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

    Do your blue LEDs work on the front door? I can't get mine to work.
  4. J

    painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

    workin on the wires... I just got it back this week, and haven't had much time. I did have all my wires hidden on my old case
  5. J

    painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

    Yea now I just have to sleeve the rest of the ugly red/yellow/black wires that didn't come sleeved with the stuff I bought from frozencpu. Should have bought everything there and had em sleeve everything... but - live and learn.
  6. J

    painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

    I went from an antec 1080 case with dual 80mm fans in the back and an 80mm on the side to this with 120mm on the front and back and 92mm on the side. The PSU also have a 120mm fan on the bottom, when it was smaller on my old PSU. I've noticed my GPU temps have risen substantially, so I'm...
  7. J

    painted the inside of my case (56k warn)

    I posted another thread in the "case modding" forum, and I finally did it... I painted the inside of my case in a dark blue color. I actually had it painted, and I'm not sure of the exact process they used, but it seems durable. Lights off and UV on (with flash): Lights on with...
  8. J

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    my new sony SDM-HS95P (19" 12ms LCD with XBrite)
  9. J

    What do you prefer about case fans most?

    Another vote for glossy fans. I just bought two of em to replace the LED fans that came with my case.
  10. J

    CCFLs

    check this out... it might give you some good ideas about the dimming part.
  11. J

    The Powdercoating FAQ

    Stupid question, but will using a UV cold cathode light inside the case (if you paint the inside) fade the paint? These bulbs only put out UVA, not B or C (the damaging kind)... but still, would it affect the finish?
  12. J

    UV paint qustion

    I personally wouldn't paint the entire inside of the case in UV, I would use it as an accent. I just bought some of the clearneon spray-type paint at https://www.clearneon.com/products.php?cat=5001. They also have brush-on at https://www.clearneon.com/products.php?cat=5003 . This stuff goes...
  13. J

    Awsome cases!

    A vote for the Tsunami here... just ordered one for myself
  14. J

    possible to powdercoat the inside of a case?

    duh, I had a brainfart when I made this thread... I just realized that I can send it through the finishing department where I work (I work at a custom cabinet manufacturer). While it's probably not as durable as powdercoating, I already have everything I need at my disposal - a paint...
  15. J

    possible to powdercoat the inside of a case?

    No, the inside of the case is just plain unpainted aluminum.
Back
Top