• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by JustinsBuilds

  1. J

    coolant mixture

    is galvanic corrosion the same as distilled water simply causing a reaction with the metals? I thought that was the main reason to add antifreeze or similar additives.
  2. J

    QPI/VTT Voltage for 12GB a problem.

    To the OP, have you tried just running the second 6gb kit of RAM to make sure it would run at the g.skill advertised speeds by itself? That would be the first thing I do, and if the second kit you got works fine, then maybe try running at 12gigs at 1.65v, the upper end of the rated voltage...
  3. J

    XMP not working on i7 certified ram, need to underclock to POST

    Had you ever removed power to your PSU before while trying to get the RAM stable? I know on my Asus when I entirely remove power to board (until the green light goes out) it sometimes acts differently upon powering it back on. BTW, you say its detects the CPU as a 970 now, what was it listed...
  4. J

    coolant mixture

    I ran 10 parts distilled water to 1 part water-wetter.....its the red stuff. Had great temps and no corrosion or life form growth. With copper and aluminum parts.
  5. J

    Can I build a water cooling setup with $250.

    depends on where you shop and how many things you want to cool. A single CPU loop with obviously be way cheaper than a double loop cooling a CPU, 3xGPUs, the Northbridge, PSU, and 6 HDDs...
  6. J

    Sites like Xtreme Systems

    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/ great forum too
  7. J

    XMP not working on i7 certified ram, need to underclock to POST

    I should also mention that while Prime/memtest/Linpack/all the artificial benchmarks are good for quickly testing stability the best test is just using your computer like you normally would. Many times my computer has not been Prime stable at a certain speed but it runs just fine at that same...
  8. J

    XMP not working on i7 certified ram, need to underclock to POST

    I agree man, everything changes annually it seems.....really frustrating. One question, how much is your CPU overclocked and what BCLK are you at? With my gskill DDR3 2000mhz 6gig kit I was able to hit the advertised timings/voltage/speed with the XMP profile set and nothing else changed. But...
  9. J

    Samsung Produces DDR4

    ^^ I have to agree. While I like the latest technology we had DDR for a while then rapidly went from DDR2 to DDR3 and now they are already talking about DDR4. This memory is getting expensive!!!
  10. J

    Stick with 12gb or go for 24gb?

    Add 2 more of those 64gb SSDs to your RAID array and it would be that much faster. 24gb is overkill I think...,
  11. J

    [Review] 22 CPU Waterblocks tested - Roundup

    so when you switched the Apogee XT's top around to fit larger barbs the temps went up to around 39.9? Thanks for the great reviews.
  12. J

    EVGA new product "Power Boost"

    Wow, I hope Asus boards dont have that issue. I am putting together SLI'ed 470s in an R3E right now. :eek:
  13. J

    Supermicro Sandy Bridge boards leaked

    who is supermicro again?
Back
Top