Recent content by jtenorj

  1. J

    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC Video Card Review @ [H]

    I second that question. Why aren't we supposed to buy from Thad eggish place no more. Who says? I can zee not mentioning them by name(seen it elsewhere). Does it have something to do nnwith the Tiger Direct ads I'm seeing on the site now? Anyway, just want to point out that y'all released 2...
  2. J

    Judge Rules Facebook Passwords are Protected Under Law

    I don't know if this has been cleared up already, but does this case set precedent for prospective or current employers not being allowed to ask for your facebook password?
  3. J

    $600 Gaming Rig, have some hardware already

    Yeah, I imagine the OP has already ordered parts that are now on the way. We may never know how things turned out. You are right, the antec is better(don't know where you got the degrees c ratings, but that single rail was news to me til I checked newegg. guess I was thinking of some other antec...
  4. J

    $600 Gaming Rig, have some hardware already

    Not gonna argue with u about the mobo. Let us agree to disagree. Are you saying the cx500 is a poor quality psu, or just a little below that of the antec? The cx500 has a single +12v rail(so it doesn't require load balancing on the builder's part) and it includes an AC power cord. If I'm not...
  5. J

    $600 Gaming Rig, have some hardware already

    1.I don't think [H] is necessarily the only site you can trust for a quality review of mobos, and ASRock z77 mobos(mostly Extreme 4s) have been well received at many major tech sites around the web. They seem to be getting things right this chipset generation. 2.I almost suggested the Corsiar...
  6. J

    $600 Gaming Rig, have some hardware already

    You think Realtek ALC892 is going to sound better than a Creative Sound Blaster Xfi Extreme Music? Chuckiefresh bought that sound card for a reason.
  7. J

    $600 Gaming Rig, have some hardware already

    Feel like making a hop, skip and a jump over to Marietta? (usb 3.0 and sata 3) ASRockZ77Pro3 94.99 http://microcenter.com/product/387627/Z77_Pro3_1155_ATX_Intel_Motherboard i5 2500k 159.99 http://microcenter.com/product/354589/Core_i5_2500K_LGA_1155_Boxed_Processor hyper212+ 29.99...
  8. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    To whoever fixed it so that by clicking gpu from the homepage, then next page repeatedly you get older and older results, thanks so very, very much! Very much appreciated.(Edit: Now it seems to be glitching the same way as before. Maybe my computer is playing tricks on me...)
  9. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    So this might be posted in the wrong spot, but goes to things being missed when closing out an article. I'd post it where it ought to be, but no one has added anything to that article's comments since April Fools Day, and it wasn't mentioned on any of those 17 pages(I checked). When y'all were...
  10. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    If the games in the article are the games you play/want to play and they were maxed at 1080p or higher, I'd say that would be a fairly solid yes. If you play/want to play other games, you may have to check results at other sites as well. I highly suggest checking out techreport. They don't test...
  11. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    Exactly. That's the 660ti in question alright. 300 and free shipping. Or there's this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007NTTJYO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new Diamond 7870 with reference blower. 250 free shipping. Edit: Price after rebate is 240. Edit:Just looked at 7870...
  12. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    How's about a 7.5-7.8 inch overclocked dual fan zotac 660ti? Are you an amd fanboi or do you want the best combo of price/performance? Or did you not mean it when you said you'd buy a card with that level of performance that fit in your case? Or maybe a reference blower style cooler on a 7870 at...
  13. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    That could be interesting. The 7870 is already close to 660ti when both are at reference clocks. However, since most 660ti for around 300 are reference clocked at a little over 900 plus turbo and most 7870 that are around 250 are reference clocked at 1ghz( and both should reach similarly high...
  14. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    Ya know, it's funny. When I first go to type a forum reply, the text box on my smallish Dell crt running 1152x864@75hz vs 1280x960@60 or a lower res/higher refresh(thank God I found it lying on a curb walking home one day before my old Dynex [a Best Buy store brand] 19in./18vis. 1600x1200@75hz...
  15. J

    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti at High AA Settings Review @ [H]

    Unigine Heaven is NOT a GAME. Who cares about CANNED BENCHMARKS? This is [H]ardocp, by golly, and we buy our graphics cards to play REAL GAMES here. Heaven and 3D Mark might use game engines(that to the best of my knowledge are not actually used in any major shipping title),but a card's...
Back
Top