• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by JoshuaD

  1. J

    Temperature Range for a Phenom II?

    Probably smart. That said, I've done that a number of times with no problems. I guess safe is better than sorry though.
  2. J

    Temperature Range for a Phenom II?

    Stock temperature. I don't have a need to overclock the thing. Protools is a demanding piece of software, but this phenom with 4 gigs of ram has been doing the trick. It's closed case. I have two intake 80mm fans up front (one at the bottom of the case, one flowing over the hard drives)...
  3. J

    Temperature Range for a Phenom II?

    It's a Scythe Mugen 2, linked above. I can use all 4 of my ram slots, but I can't change the first two without pulling out the motherboard, unscrewing the HSF, etc. Thankfully i have a 2gb stick in each slot right now, so I don't think I'll need to change them anytime soon. (That maxes me...
  4. J

    Temperature Range for a Phenom II?

    Phenom II X4 965 BE (Deneb) with a Scythe Mugen-2 HSF combo. Also, three 80mm silent scythe case fans. The video card is passively cooled with an Accelero S2. The loudest thing in my tower now is the hard-drives, which is very important since this computer is used in a home recording...
  5. J

    Temperature Range for a Phenom II?

    I'm idling around 32-35* celcius right now and my load temperature is somewhere around 42-45*. I know this is safe. What should I set the overheat protection to in Core Temp? I have it at 60* now but I'm not sure if that's too high or too low. My room isn't air conditioned, so when the...
  6. J

    Making my comptuer more quiet

    Computer Specs: Antec case, model unknown. It's plain and white. It looks a lot like this one, but it's a bit shorter and it doesn't have the hinge cover over the CD drives. AMD Phenom II quad-core on a gigabyte 790xt Radeon x800 2x WD 500GB hard drive 1x Maxtor? 120gb hard drive 4gb...
  7. J

    Making my comptuer more quiet

    I'm using a Phenom II quad-core 3.4 ghz on a Gigabyte motherboard. I have a home recording studio setup. I'm looking for any bits of information anyone might have on how to make my computer more quiet. I'm open to almost anything but water-cooling. Putting it in another room is an option...
Back
Top