Recent content by josephdyland

  1. J

    Mixing SATA2 and SATA3 Drives in same zpool

    Thanks, I have been trying to track down if WD10EALX is advanced format, from what I can tell it is not, But I thought that's what the X stood for in the model name.
  2. J

    Mixing SATA2 and SATA3 Drives in same zpool

    I am planning to create a 3 Disk RaidZ pool to start my adventures. I currently own 1x WD10EALS Blue 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache Sata2 drive which is not made any more. I am looking at picking up 2x WD10EALX 1TB Caviar Blue7200rpm SATA III w/ 32MB Cache (what looks to me, the successor of...
  3. J

    Help designing ZFS pools / system

    I need help making a decision, I currently own the following two drives (1 blue 1 Green) WD10EALS Blue 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache Sata 2 WD10EADS Green 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 2 I want to build a 3 disks raidz zpool to start. A couple of options of Western Digital HDD I can...
  4. J

    Help designing ZFS pools / system

    3 of my 2tb are Western Digital wd20ears2 Advanced Format drives, I have been having nothing but troubles trying to get these to work, I tested with 1 single WD20EARS; drive goes offline / Maybe a bad drive?. Although I have seen a few solutions on ways to get these drives to work with...
  5. J

    Help designing ZFS pools / system

    I am looking at setting up a storage server with either Open Indiana+Napp-IT or Nexenta Store Community. I currently have the following Drives formatted as NTFS used in Windows; which I would like to move over to this new ZFS system; 1x 1TB Recorded PVR Movies - No redundancy needed 1x 1TB...
  6. J

    Power supply for X9SCI - SSI 2.02 Spec

    I have a new Supermicro X9SCI-LN4F-O Server Motherboard that is arriving tomorrow and I need to go and pick up a power supply. Copied out of the motherboard manual, it calls for; It is strongly recommended that you use a high quality power supply that meets ATX power supply Specification...
  7. J

    Need recommendation on ESXi 5 hardware

    This RAM looks like it should work for me, Does any one see any issues on this system? I may like to add a SAS/SATA card as well. Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 SUPERMICRO X9SCI-LN4F-O, LGA 1155 Intel C204 ATX Intel Xeon E3 Server Motherboard Intel Xeon...
  8. J

    Need recommendation on ESXi 5 hardware

    I have decided to go with; SUPERMICRO X9SCI-LN4F-O, LGA 1155 Intel C204 ATX Intel Xeon E3 Server Motherboard Intel Xeon E3-1230 The board looks pretty appealing to me as it has 4x 82574L Intel NICs which look to be all supported. and also supports VT-D Looking in the manual this board only...
  9. J

    Need recommendation on ESXi 5 hardware

    I have been looking for over four weeks for which hardware to purchase for a home lab. I am having a tough time deciding on hardware@! I am looking for a ESXi 5.0 home lab, I would like more than 1 NIC, 2 or 3 would be ideal. also wanting to have VT-D capability. My plans are to have...
  10. J

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    I just went thru the last 15 pages of this thread trying to find a decent whitebox solution to build for myself in a home lab setting. I have changed my mind so many times in the last three weeks on what type of system to purchase. Could I get some recommendations for affordable ESXi 5.0...
Back
Top