• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jonahex2099

  1. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    Because I don't give a rip and I've torn my machine apart enough in the last week. :D
  2. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    Wasn't really an argument, and as I said don't really care. If I had the time or the patience to tear my box apart yet again I would, I don't, 'nuff said. :-)
  3. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    Please don't tell me I'm lying when you don't know me personally. I know what I saw on my screen, using core temp. If it was a glitch in CT I'll accept that, yet I've never heard of it glitchin and 18c is what I saw on screen. By your math then my idle temps on my 6600 should be idling at...
  4. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    To both you and the gent above - it's what Core Temp read. I'd love to be able to take out my 6600 and slap the 6400 back in so I could grab the screen's for you, but a) I'm lazy ;) and b) I'll assume you're both familiar with the fun of installing a Scythe cooler. :) I'll have the 6400 back...
  5. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    No need to be insulting. My temps were taken with Core Temp in a mATX case. Those are what I got/get, if I were running my E6400 I'd give you screenshots, as it is I'm running my E6600 and get the temps I posted. Room temp is around 67F whatever that equats to. I just keep my cables dressed...
  6. J

    core 2 e6300 idle @ 40C

    Uhmmm...no? My E6400 idled at 18C, loaded 30c-32c My E6600 idles at 30c, loads at 45c How is an E6300 idling at 40c ok?
  7. J

    Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

    11512 E6600, 7600GT, 2GB Ram, no O/C
  8. J

    45C @ idle too hot for non-OC conroe?

    Nah - probably won't...I'm not going to complain about my temps, tho my E6600 seems to be more on par with a non-OC proc than my E6400 was. My 6400 is sitting in its holder on my desk right now awaiting a new mobo so I can get my linux workstation back up so once I get it going I'll see if the...
  9. J

    45C @ idle too hot for non-OC conroe?

    This is the case I'm using: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811153019 I've removed the air duct as I have this cpu cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185023 I have two 7200 RPM SATA drives and two optical drives in this case and a...
  10. J

    45C @ idle too hot for non-OC conroe?

    Then your cooling is substandard or your case's airflow bites. My E6400 idled at 18c and loaded never past 30c with a Scythe MAIN. My spankin' new E6600 idles at around 29c and loads haven't exceeded 45c under Orthos using the same cooler. Both were/are in a mATX case as well.
  11. J

    45C @ idle too hot for non-OC conroe?

    Running right now and I've managed to hit 37c with both CPU's at 100%...Since Orthos is a synthetic bench and not indicitive of what I do on a day to day basis I can't and won't consider it "real load". Just my way of looking at things. ;)
  12. J

    45C @ idle too hot for non-OC conroe?

    Nope - my ambiant air temp in the case is on par with the rest of the temps...I do keep my house cool but it rarely dips below 67F in my house. I just have very free airflow in my case, took the time to ensure there were no cables in the way and that's what I'm reading...right now I'm looking...
  13. J

    Compilation: Post your Conroe C2D Temperatures

    Core is constant with speedfan 18-20c idle so either I have a proc thats running slow (doubtful) or I just managed to hit it just right and have a nice cool running proc... I'm tempted to bump up the speeds but my memory is basic and slow :(
  14. J

    Compilation: Post your Conroe C2D Temperatures

    Assuming you meant that for me? :) My board is actually not what everyone else is using as I got it for free essentially - Gigabyte GA-945GM-S2. mATX box, but I have *excellent* airflow into and out of the case as I took the time to dress my cables properly. The Scythe was a *huge* help.
Back
Top