Recent content by Johnomaton

  1. J

    Upgrading from Samsung's 245t, considering an HP zr2440w; thoughts?

    According to PRAD's reviews, the FX2431 has a black point of 0.132cd/m² and a 1078:1 CR and the zr2440w has a black point of 0.12cd/m² and a 1173:1 CR. These must be the advantages of an LED-backlit panel. I'd really like to see Eizo show everyone how it's done with one of their own, but for the...
  2. J

    Upgrading from Samsung's 245t, considering an HP zr2440w; thoughts?

    After going through the PRAD review again, I have little doubt that you're correct about the 650D; I didn't realize how bananas the contrast ratio and black level were! However, your comment about plasma also tempers my thinking; why am I trying to do with a monitor what I should do with a TV...
  3. J

    Upgrading from Samsung's 245t, considering an HP zr2440w; thoughts?

    Thanks for pointing that out, NCX. Unfortunately, a large display is highly impractical in the short term. However, I am beginning to think that a plasma is the only comprehensive solution for my video parameters... Looking at that S24A650D review, I'm surprised that (like you said) there is no...
  4. J

    Upgrading from Samsung's 245t, considering an HP zr2440w; thoughts?

    Well, I've done some reading on the PRAD forums and it seems that the AG coating on IPS is significantly more pronounced than it is on VA-based panels. I'll probably just scrape it together for the Foris. Are there any other 24p-friendly VA screens I should know about?
  5. J

    Upgrading from Samsung's 245t, considering an HP zr2440w; thoughts?

    Hi, I've been using my SyncMaster 245t since 2007 and it's a decent monitor, but there are numerous issues I would like to amend in my eventual upgrade: -fan noise -AG coating -lack of 24p display -poor aspect ratio control -lack of proper sRGB emulation The minty fresh HP ZR2440w would seem...
Back
Top