Well the temp readings in the BIOS are very similar to what I am getting with Real Temps.
Thus far I have gotten conflicting replies in this thread saying BIOS temp readings are not reliable and another answer saying Windows temp readings are unreliable.... so which is it?
Really guys - at...
Your comment about the heat pipes made me think about what I saw. Yesterday when I reapplied the thermal paste, I noticed that there was a slight bulging. Rather than try & describe it, I made a little drawing. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.... The red area represents the...
OK can you recommend something for me - a utility or software that will put the CPU under load? Otherwise, I'll have to install a video game and run it for an hour.
Update:
After posting, I decided to re-apply the thermal paste. I downloaded the instructions from Arctic Silver's website on how to break in the heatsink. Followed the directions to the letter - still the temps at idle have improved only by 5 degrees.
At this point, I'm giving up on this...
First time poster here, but I'm not a complete newb. Been lurking for a while.
I could use a little help with possibly a motherboard (CPU) issue. My specs are at the end of this posting. I've got a rig that I built for myself 2 1/2 years ago and the CPU temps are somewhat high. Using Real...