Recent content by jogrug

  1. J

    Best Synology NAS

    Thanks. Another quick question. This is nearly $200 on the US Amazon. (I'm in the UK). How does the power work with this device and how easy could I get the US device to work in the UK? Is it just a different power lead/adapter?
  2. J

    Best Synology NAS

    Another quick question. Backups are not of big concern, but can I just attach a cheap external drive to this for backups?
  3. J

    Best Synology NAS

    You have been great help, thank you. I already have a lower powered server for the job of managment, I want to buy 2 new reasonably powerful Tower servers for the working cluster.
  4. J

    Best Synology NAS

    Phog thank you for the information. This Storage budget just seems to be getting bigger... :( The 5 bay is nearly £200 more, so I won't be going for that. I'm going to utilize 1 Host as a 'Management Cluster', which I could probably run on local storage, but wanted the the two other hosts to...
  5. J

    Best Synology NAS

    Thanks for the information and excuse my lack of knowledge on this. Well... I would say I need around 1TB, it will only be for lab stuff, don't really have real production use for it yet, just a lot of testing! I've checked and the 2 bay is not on the VMWare HCL, the only other 2 Bay Device...
  6. J

    Best Synology NAS

    Hello all! I need to some input on my NAS solution please. I will be using 3 x Physical Hosts for ESXi, so this NAS will be used as DataStores in a home lab for VMWare / Windows Studying and not much else for now. I will most likely be going for a Synology solution, but willing to change...
Back
Top