Recent content by joehopf

  1. J

    No drives showing on LSI 2008 SAS + HP SAS Expander

    Followin this guide http://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-x8si6-f-motherboard-review-including-onboard-lsi-sas-2008-controller/ I got myself an RPC 4224 case (They are called Inter-Tech in Europe, but are the same) and an Supermicro X8SI6-F with the onboard LSI SAS 2008 Controller along with an...
  2. J

    72 TB storage system für EUR 3800 - wheres the catch?

    Okay. a more powerful, preferrably redundant PSU. Got it. In my experience the PSU is also one of the most failing components, therefore this is surely the wrong place to save budget. I did not want to go too specific, however the usecase is a Filehosting service. Like megaupload used to be...
  3. J

    72 TB storage system für EUR 3800 - wheres the catch?

    I made up this component list with the goal to get the cheapest possible storage server which is ready to be used on a business level in a data-center rack-hosting environment. I am quite new to this, therefore I wanted to ask whether you see any problems with this configuration. As said the...
  4. J

    Hardware question for specific network setup (Partially NAT)

    I think what I need is Policy Based NAT
  5. J

    Hardware question for specific network setup (Partially NAT)

    From my ISP Modem I have one RJ45 Port. On this port one IP-Address is advertised using DHCP. However from my ISP I also have been dedicated an IP-Range beside that DHCP-Address that I need to use for one (maby later more) server. Now I need a router that does what a typical home router...
  6. J

    Intel SASWT4I SAS/SATA Controller Question

    okay. now i get it. thanks! still don't know where they take the number 14 from but your explanation clearifies my confusion!
  7. J

    Intel SASWT4I SAS/SATA Controller Question

    Sorry but I still dont get it. I read in the spec "SAS or SATA Storage". Which means there should be SAS "plugs"? Because I can plug a SATA drive into a SAS plug but not the other way round? And what is the differences between the 122 and the 14 drives they sate? If only 4 are supported...
  8. J

    Intel SASWT4I SAS/SATA Controller Question

    Hey there! I want to assemble a cheap storage sytem based on the Norco RPC-4020 Case. When searching for controllers I found this one: Intel® RAID Controller SASWT4I http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/prodbrief/RAID_SASWT4I_prodbrief.pdf This is a quote form the Spec Sheet...
Back
Top