Recent content by Joe_B_Me

  1. J

    2D artifacts - what causes?

    Maybe that radeon bios editor could work for you. I'm pretty sure you could increase the idle clocks / voltages using that.
  2. J

    2D artifacts - what causes?

    I had this exact issue with a Sapphire 6950 of mine. Only happened when the card downclocked itself. As soon as the card was being utilized enough to raise the clocks it would go away. About a month ago it got so bad I just ended up RMA'ing it. I tried every cat from 12.8 and up, always the same.
  3. J

    XFX Radeon HD 6990 Drawing!

    It would be awesome to have DX11.
  4. J

    Games that made you upgrade your GPU/Monitor

    Medieval Total War MX440 64MB Doom3/HL2 9800 Pro & 19" CRT Oblivion/Medieval 2 total war X1900XT & 20" LCD Crysis 8800GTX Empire Total War 4890 & 28" LCD Metro 2033/GTA4/Shogun Total War 6950
  5. J

    Are most 4890's voltage tweakable thru software?

    I changed my MSI 4890 VRM voltage through rivatuner with a mod/tweak. Stable up to 1000/1115 with 1.3875v, using stock cooling.
  6. J

    Hit an interesting OC wall, need some advice.

    Thanks for the responses guys. : ) I'll look into the fsb voltage on Monday when I can devote a good chunk of time towards it. ^_^ I tried bumping the ram voltage up to 2.100v, but it didn't help or harm the situation, still failed pretty quickly. I'll play with some voltage combos and get back...
  7. J

    Hit an interesting OC wall, need some advice.

    NB is @ 1.40v vs 1.25v stock, SB @ 1.60v vs 1.5v I still fail the 2nd test for the Intel Burn Test. I know the 965 wasn't really intended to support quads, but I've found at least one person that has managed to hit 390x9 with the same mobo and same batch of g0. : ( Maybe I just didn't get too lucky?
  8. J

    Hit an interesting OC wall, need some advice.

    I upped the ram voltage from 1.800v to 1.925v in .025v increments. I didn't get improvement. : ( I'll try lowering the multi to 8 and see where I can go from there. The G0 stepping can easily reach higher clocks. It's the older stepping, B3, that had problems scaling. My G0 is in the L724A760...
  9. J

    Hit an interesting OC wall, need some advice.

    I've got a decent amount of free time on me right now, so I've been trying to push my current rig a little further, just to see what it can do. Here are my specs. Mobo: DFI Infinity P965-S CPU: Q6600 G0 stepping, Thermalright ultra 120 w/ as5 Ram: 2GBx2 G-Skill DDR2 800, (5-5-5-15 2t w/ 1.80v @...
  10. J

    Would you buy a Foxcon 8800GTX???

    Mine will come in the next few hours, I'll keep ya guys posted :) edit: only 9675 stock in 3DM06 *sigh*
  11. J

    How much is your main rig with all the trimmings worth?

    Main Rig $180 Opteron 165 $25 for an XP-90 $200 1GBx2 G-Skill HZ $150 DFI Expert $100 2x160GB sata HD's $300 HIS X1900XT IceQ3 512MB $300 20." Viewsonic vx2025wm $70 Enermax 535W SLI Ready PSU $45 Blue Chieftec Dragon $2 for sheet of plexi for a window $28 for 3x120mm & 4x80mm fans...
  12. J

    WTB: generic pc3200, 256mb or 512mb

    waiting :p .... (edit, nm) im going to have to turn this offer down. That would fill up both ram slots, making cheap upgrades for the future more costly. thanks for your offer though.
  13. J

    WTB: generic pc3200, 256mb or 512mb

    PENDING A DEAL, thanks for the replys :) ********************************************* I need some cheap pc3200. If it works, its ddr pc3200, and is 256mb, 256mbx2, or 512mb i'll buy it. I dont care about timings, brand, etc.... I'm wiling to pay $35 shipped to 44023 for 512mb, and $20...
  14. J

    widescreen doesn't make sense unless its in a theatre or theatre-like room

    So in this experiment, you've proven the following -objects that are closer to you are easier to see ^ common sense Here's a realworld example of why widescreen > 4:3 1) Stand up 2) focus on something thats more than 3 feet away from you, keep focusing on it 3) stretch your arm...
Back
Top