A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Look at these Unigine Heaven benchmark results and tell me why the crossfire 5770 is doing so well? Obviously there is something to be done in the future models by ATI, hopefully with the Southern Islands GPU it will fix this performance issue...
It's a debate I'm having with some guys over in another forum. Basically, I'm debating as to wether ATI or Nvidia will get MIMD (Multiple Instruction, Multiple Data) shader cores first to market.
This in fact comes from my speculation that the GF100 (fermi) gpu does not employ MIMD CUDA cores...
Movies play between 24fps and 30 fps, and that is the norm. For gaming, an average of 26fps is arguably slow but playable. But I agree that for an FPS game that is not ideal.
A determining factor in terms of tessellation is a game like Metro 2033. It's obvious that in certain scenarios it is completely unplayable on the ATI HD5870 but playable on the GTX 480.
Benchmark here...
These days a card with 1 GB is getting to be quite affordable, and in various performance levels. I would look more in the type of memory that the card has than the quantity (GDDR2, GDDR3, GDDR4, GDDR5), because from the base of the problem, 512MB of video memory should be enough for most games...
I game with a Logitech MX Revolution. It's a cordless laser mouse with 800 DPI resolution. Should I consider another mouse for gaming? I specially play FPS games.
Oh look at this marvel of technology: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4651278&CatId=143
For processor I would opt for the i5. For the motherboard, a P55 chipset one. For graphics card, either the HD5770 or the HD5850 (depends on your budget). In terms of memory, if you have the budget for 8 gigs of ram, why not, but honestly 4 gigs should be enough (mind you I have 6 gigs on my...
The Big Typhoon VX is sup;posed to work as I have bought the retention mechanism (adapter) for the i7, which looks exactly like what Intel supplies with their i7. And, it works. Just that it sometimes snaps off when moving the case around.
Can you suggest me what you call a MANLY heatsink...
I've been a big fan of the i7 ever since I bought it. But I have encountered the failing processor retention mechanism since the time I've installed a Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX. The Big Typhoon is ...BIG. And the four retention "press clips" have proven to fail every time I move the PC. One...